Best flashlight brands ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Don

Newly Enlightened
Howdy,

Whilst new to CPF, I am not new to LED torches but so that I can catch-up real quick as a new member to this forum, would you allow me to as for a Top 10 List of LED torches please?

I am inpatient and I screened through the threads but saw no obvious 'Lists'. I would like to know if there is a forum consensus before I tottle off to Doctor Google and seek out some biased reviews.

Cheers,

The Don
(call me Don)

scout24

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! Production? Custom? Battery format? Budget? I suggest perusing the "Recommend me a Light" subforum for needs that mirror your own. "Best" lists are often fraught with strong opinions and feelings, I'll be checking back in frequently... :)

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing that matters is the service and support after the sale.

Surefire yes
Streamlight yes
Zebralight yes

All others i don't know.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
U'm afraid you need to be more specific Don.
Best at what? Reliability, throw, flood, runtime, portability, number of modes, programability and on and on and on.......
There's lots of lists on here for each of those virtues, you only have to look.
P

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest you throw a budget out there if you have one. If no budget, I can make it a $25k list really quickly!

Also, what is your definition of "Brand". Production, Semi-Custom, Custom?? Know what I mean?

ven

Flashaholic
I will play, here are a few for you
HDS
McGizmo(various models)
Elzetta
Oveready(latest BOSS)
Okluma
Muyshondt
Hanko(have to get lucky here)

Chinese options
Fenix
Olight
Acebeam

Subjective of course :)
Will leave it there, will let others suggest some

:welcome:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There's a reason there is no '10 best' and that is the quarrels that end up taking place due to personal preferences becoming something people won't, can't or just don't agree on.

One thing is certain though... Zebralight and Malkoff get thumbs up from members here probably more than any other brands.

TCY

Enlightened
There's a reason there is no '10 best' and that is the quarrels that end up taking place due to personal preferences becoming something people won't, can't or just don't agree on.

This. The idea of "best brands" is simply way too subjective for a whole community to come up with a conclusive answer. What makes the 10th better than the 11th? 12th? Way too many variables.

ven

Flashaholic
Thats easy, the best flashlight is the one with you in time of need.................regardless of brand

Me , i like them all in different ways, be it UI, size,beam etc etc.

All completely subjective, no best, just what is best for the user:) If an iphone light saves your life.............its the best light in the world!

Croquette

Enlightened
It's a question with a thousand answers.
Personnally, I only use in edc :

Oveready (BOSS, moddoolar and drop in)
Tana customs (drop in)
Pflexpro (drop in)
HDS

And a modded thunite tn31 by 3tronics when I need a little more throw.

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
This. The idea of "best brands" is simply way too subjective for a whole community to come up with a conclusive answer. What makes the 10th better than the 11th? 12th? Way too many variables.

This.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
1) turns on when you need it.
2) turns on when you want it to.
3) allows depleted cells to be swapped.
4) puts out light in darkness.
5) doesn't break if you drop it from waist high.
6) available at stores or online in case you lose yours.
7) can be obtained by trading money for it.
8) arrives already assembled.
9) made somewhere on planet earth
10) somebody fill this one in please...

stephenk

Enlightened
There are plenty of quality vendors these days. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Klarus and EagleTac.

In the budget end end of the market - Convoy, Thorfire, and Zanflare are good quality and value for money lights.

The OP probably needs to state his requirements and budget for more useful advice.

gsr

Enlightened
I'll make an assumption here, and say The_Don would like to know which brands those who are very experienced in the ways of mobile illumination like to give or money to. As others have stated, this is a very subjective thing. In my limited experience, Surefire offers a wide variety of quality lights, for a wide variety of prices. I think First Light USA is an underrated brand, and not as widely known as it ought to be. Fortunately, it does get some love from some parts of the US military community. Malkoff makes fantastic lights, and components. I've had good luck with Streamlight and Fenix, as well. I've even had positive experience with Maglite. I haven't personally owned a light from HDS or Elzetta, but I've held them in my hands, and they possess unquestionable quality. I'm sure anyone would find a light that would fit their needs and budget from one of these brands.

SonShine

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind, please list your reasons that Malkoff and Zebralight are the best.
From limited experience, the fact that Olight does not have to be shipped back to china should something go wrong, is a very good thing.

When you get to the bottom line, ,,,,,DO all components come from china ( or overseas) ???? or are some made in good ole USA?

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Post numbers 14 & 15 are right on.....
I'm sure the expensive lights are great but if you can't afford it.... What good is it?
To me the good old Maglite is one of the best brands. But so are the other 12 brands I own (I have only 1 Surefire).

Lateck,

scout24

Flashaholic
The OP hasn't logged back in since the morning he posted this thread... Not sure he liked our answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.