Pelican M6 LED Clickie - Too Soft?

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
I've had my PM6LED for a week or so now and I've really enjoyed it. But,....

Does anyone else think the clickie is a little vague feeling? It's really soft, like an ASP Tac-Lite, or Dorcy Spyder, but it also seems like the travel is a little long too. I found myself clicking to turn it off and "missing."

I swapped the stock out for one of my clickie modules tonight and I think I like the more "positive" feel of the Kroll. The tailcap of the LED version was a tad longer than the incandescent, so I had to put an o-ring (017) in before the module. Works like a charm.

BigWonton

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm, my red clickie is alot softer than my Kroll switches, but I don't think I've ever "missed" a click. I actually like the feel of the Pelican clickie more than I like that of my Krolls. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

utomatoe

Enlightened
I had a chance to play with the M6 LED and I found the stock clickie to be a little stiff, it was hard for me to maintain it in the momentary state, I usually ended up turning it "on", e.g. I had to click again to turn it off. Same with the M6 lithium, except I didn't have to worry about the light being stuck in the "on" state.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
I have the same problem where I "miss" every so often. But I have a flashlightlens clickie in my other PM6, so that may be the cause of it--we're so used to the other that this one feels weird. I did have one turn on (PM6 LED) in my pocket last week, though, when the other one never did that before. On the other hand, the flashlightlens clickie is a little flakier than the stock PM6 LED clickie (no offense). But...both clickies are still much better than the stock switch from the old incans.

nexro

Enlightened
Did anyone screw the tailcap all the way in?
I noticed that if I tighten the tailcap, my clickie doesn't 'lock' in, i.e. only momentary on and it doesn't stay on no matter how hard I click.
When I loosen it up a bit (about 1 full turn), I have no problem clicking to on or off, no "miss" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do prefer this clikie rather than the Kroll as it's easier and requires less force /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
nexro--mine is screwed in all the way, and it will click into constant on while screwed all the way down.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
My Flashlightlens clickie works perfectly but all new M6 tailcaps are loctited up the wazoo and I can't find a way to empty them to accommodate any more clickies. I've tried using dental picks, etc but no dice. If anyone can do it I'll gladly pay them.

Brightnorm