Arclight (1) Runtime Photos

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My first attempt to photograph Arclight runtime using fresh Duracell Alkaline AAA battery (exp: March 2005).

Arclight positioned 24 inches from target, camera positioned 20 inches above flashlight and 40 inches from target using tripod.

Camera was initially set for 140 shots (every 3 minutes for 7 hours) but edited to 95 after camera was through its 140 shots because after the 94th exposure lightbeam was so weak that camera was not able to capture.

Lightbeam after the 94th shot was slightly brighter than PALight on standby mode.

It seemed this Arclight's (1 of 4 units white Arclight that I have) useable light is good for 4 1/2 hrs. and then it'll suddenly dive to unuseable dim light. I'll try to do runtime photos of other units.

Arclight runtime;

arclight-hr1 (201kb)

arclight-hr2 (197kb)

arclight-hr3 (195kb)

arclight-hr4 (190kb)

arclight-hr5 (131kb)

Here's my Arclight Photopoint Album url;
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=443720&a=12808041&f=0

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool.gif
Very cool idea using time lapse photography and composite images! I'm impressed. I'd love to see the same test run with the Arc light and a Photon II side by side. No need to compare to an Infinity, since the Arc is obviously superior in terms of brightness.

Brock

Flashaholic
2d_edge what did you use (software) to get all the images in to 1 image? I always do it by hand and it is a pain.

Brock

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Brock... I'm using the evaluation (free) copy of Smaller Animals ThumbNailer.

1. Program generates thumbnails from single or batch of images in a flash with options of thumbnail sizes.
2. It has a "composite" feature that will place the thumbs on a new output image (.jpg) with options of;
a. number of rows and columns
b. spacing between images (vertical & horizontal)
c. border space (vertical & horizontal)
d. framed or not framed
e. background image or color
f. and many other cool features

My evaluation (free) copy's composite feature is deactivated so I have no idea what the "new output image" looks like.

To manually create the output image of thumbnails;
1. I multiply the width of thumbnail to number of image per row plus 2 for every image for width of my output image (pixels).
2. Multiply height of thumbnail to number of image per column plus 2 for every image for height of new output image (pixels).
3. Copy and paste/layer thumbs onto output image.
4. Crop output image of excess.

I think I'll register my ThumbNail to test its "composite" feature. So far, this is the only program I know with this "compose thumbs onto new output image" feature.

Brock

Flashaholic
So you mean you physically made those images by hand? I use Paintshot and it can batch amke thumbnails, but then I always had to make the composit image by hand. I guess what I am looking for is something that will composit the thumbnails in to one image automatically, well given some sort of width or height.

Brock

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2d_edge:
Brock.... approximate time it took me to create this new composite image of Arclight runtime with ThumbNailer = 2 minutes. :
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like the Arc runs fine all the way through, and just suddenly goes **** up right at the end.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Nice picture sequence. That would have taken me the whole night to put together.
mad.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
2d_edge is that the registered version? I downloaded the trial but I didn't see a composit. If I use my old Kodak 260 I could set it for timelaps and lock all the settings and compare say, Arc, Photon, and Infinity? Then put them in a composit, that would be sweet! It would take me about 20 munites to do it by hand.

Brock

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Brock... second composite image done with registered ThumbNailer.

Composite function is deactivated on trial version that is why when you click on "Advanced" then on "Composite Images" it doesn't work. They'll send you a "key" after registration to activate all features of program.

It does batch thumbnail processing, composite image, and HTML with links to larger image in one shot. Very nice.
smile.gif

My only complaint is program's smallest 16 pixels space between images. I would like to have a composite of thumbs right next to each other or at least 2 pixels from each other.
smile.gif