• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Auction: (2) Keylux Seconds

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Hi all,

I've received so much email about these lights over the past couple months, and have the capibility to make so few of these lights that I figured the fairest way to sell them would be to auction them off. That way everyone gets a chance. Plus CPF will receive 30% of the final winning bids. The high bidder will have first choice of lights, the second highest bidder will receive the other.

After these lights are sold, I will be making one more CPF charity special light that will go up for auction at a later date. Just so everyone knows.

These lights should really be considered "seconds". Although, they're the only two I have at the moment (not even one for myself) so don't ask where the "firsts" are...there are none!

Both of them are made from 7075 aluminum with a copper center section. They utilize QW0K 1 watt HD emitters and ArcMania's amazing MicroConverter mounted inside Larry's Microcan. Mag 1xAAA reflectors are contained behind mineral glass lenses. O-ring construction throughout. The tails are of Arc AA design. Both Type II anodized and dyed olive drab. Different color temp lights make them look different colors. Sometimes brown, sometimes green.

My anodizing masks leaked on both of them, so the inside of each body tube has some discoloration and corrosion. Nothing terrible and they both fuction fine, but it's there none the less.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll go through each one. Let's call them Bill and Steve.

Bill's details:

- The keyring notch is a little bit of a tight fit. For some strange reason (I'm an idiot) I didn't check the fit before I anodized it. So you have to actually fit the ring into the slot before you put the light down rather than having it just flop in.

Steve's details:

- Steve's emitter really is more like a QWAK. Color is whiter than Bill who is just *slightly* green.

- Steve has a new double cutout keyring tail. There's a notch on either side of the keyring.

- I had a little accident while dying this one, and there's a spot on the lip of the battery tube that is not dyed correctly. Fully anodized, just no dye.

That's about it. Let's make this auction short. Highest two bids before Friday 2/20/2004 at 5:00pm EST win.

Please email me with any questions.

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Wow, you guys are going nuts!

I just want to restate that these lights are not perfect...

Yes, each of the top bidders will receive (1) light. The top bidder will have their choice of Steve or Bill, the next highest bidder will receive the other.

You are bidding on (1) light, NOT two.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow i wish i had the money i had no idea how small it was to you posted that pic. very cool

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Daddyo said:

Looks like I have a new EDC.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a long time until 5PM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Overload

Newly Enlightened
One other bid question: Can you underbid the top bid to attempt to get the second light? (e.g. $175 & $200 are the top bids. Could I bid $190 and get the #2 light?)

Overload in Colorado