New version of Inova XS?

CoolBreeze135

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks. I'm looking around for a new EDC flaslight, and I came across the Inova XS. The previous model had a twist cap and no pocket clip, whereas the new model has a clip and tail switch. (http://www.niteize.com/product/INOVA-XS-LED-Flashlight.asp). It looks like a vast improvement, and a serious contender for my next EDC light. The only issue is that I can't find any info about it anywhere online besides the manufacturers website. Are these just so new that info hasn't trickled down through the users to the internet? Anyone have one?

Thanks!

elzilcho

Enlightened
I received one not too long ago. The addition of the pocket clip is great, especially on such a small light. It's a bit floodier than earlier models but with a noticeable bump in brightness over my previous 53 lumen version. Tail cap has long travel. You need to be very deliberate to get it to click on.

CoolBreeze135

Newly Enlightened
I received one not too long ago. The addition of the pocket clip is great, especially on such a small light. It's a bit floodier than earlier models but with a noticeable bump in brightness over my previous 53 lumen version. Tail cap has long travel. You need to be very deliberate to get it to click on.

Thanks! That's good to know. What is the UI like? How do you cycle through modes?

elzilcho

Enlightened
Click on for high, click off, click again within a second or two (I don't know the actual time limit) for low. It only has two levels.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Ooh, this looks good. I recently gave away my camo XS. Could not get used to the twist action. Can anyone describe the tint/color of the beam?