couple of small issues with a tl-3. advice please.

nitebrite

Enlightened
hi all.
i have a tl-3. i never payed much attention to it for some reason. i have had it for a while and never used it accept when i first got it for maybe 10 minutes. anyways, i decided to play with it yesterday. first off the thing is not any brighter than an e2e. it is rated at 200 lumens and realisticly should put out over a hundred. i just wanted to be sure it is the batteries before i order more since i am out and don't really need any at the moment. could it also be the bulb or something? the other thing is the batteries are too loose in the tube. my normal fix would be to tape around the batteries. but i don't like this fix since battery replacements never occur at convienient times. what could i make a sleeve out of that will fit the tube. there is about a 1/12th. inch too much space in the tube. otherwise i like the style of this light.

thank you,
nitebrite.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Odd...My TL-3 is a lot brighter than an E2 or even a three cell SF.

I have a tiny bit of battery rattle in the light, but not more than any other light.

-dan

Hoover

Newly Enlightened
I had a problem with the original bulb that initially came loaded in my TL-3. I swapped it with the spare located under the silver contact plate in the head and everything works great. I would swap bulbs and see if that helps. As Dan said, you should see a very noticeable difference between the TL-3 and E2E

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
To help stop battery rattle, I use a sliver of cardboard cut from a toilet paper roll or paper towel roll stuffed along side the batteries to wedge them in place.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
SL had problems with some of their TL-3 lamps. Your dealer or SL should give you a free replacement - just let them know of your problem.

nitebrite

Enlightened
sorry guys i forgot about this post. thank you for all the replies. the spare bulb is much better. i will ask streamlight if they will send me a new bulb. as for the batteries, i read here about putting a post it note around them. it actually took two post it notes to secure them. i think that is a cheesy fix but it works.

thank you,
nitebrite.