Question re: Zebralight 600w II L2...

witness

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the neutral white version of of the SC600W II L2 but I don't see any designation on the box or on the light to indicate whether it is neutral or cool. How does one know if they got the right one?

Keitho

Enlightened
I have a couple of the Mk III Sc600's, and rely on the white marking on the flat part of the battery tube to quickly tell them apart (600FW vs 600). I'm disappointed that they stopped marking them, I'm not sure another quick way to tell for sure besides doing a beam comparison.

terjee

Enlightened
I ordered the neutral white version of of the SC600W II L2 but I don't see any designation on the box or on the light to indicate whether it is neutral or cool. How does one know if they got the right one?

There is only a neutral version of the SC600w. The cool version would be just SC600, the W designates neutral White. Both my SC600w Mk III Hi and the box it came in, lists it as a W-version, meaning neutral. Same for yours perhaps?

witness

Newly Enlightened
Just realized what a dumb question it was...

There is only a neutral version of the SC600w. The cool version would be just SC600, the W designates neutral White. Both my SC600w Mk III Hi and the box it came in, lists it as a W-version, meaning neutral. Same for yours perhaps?

Thanks! I never noticed that the W was only on the neutral white.
More importantly it was sort of a dumb question because, as soon as I got home and put it beside my SC 600 Mk III it was pretty obvious.:eek:

witness

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of the Mk III Sc600's, and rely on the white marking on the flat part of the battery tube to quickly tell them apart (600FW vs 600). I'm disappointed that they stopped marking them, I'm not sure another quick way to tell for sure besides doing a beam comparison.
I've got the SC600, SC600W MkII and the SC600 MkIII. The MkIII is easy to identify because of it's size but I never considered that mixing up the other two might be an issue. I guess I can always add my own white mark.:D

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always thought that the "L2" at the end of the lights model name signified that it was the NW version? I do know some indeed have a "W" at the end of the model name on the light as well. Pretty big difference between the SC600 MkII NW and the SC600MkIII NW HI eh lol...

witness

Newly Enlightened
I always thought that the "L2" at the end of the lights model name signified that it was the NW version? I do know some indeed have a "W" at the end of the model name on the light as well. Pretty big difference between the SC600 MkII NW and the SC600MkIII NW HI eh lol...

I actually compared the SC600w MkII (NW) to the SC600 Mk III (cool white)... Massive difference. As impressively bright as it is, the cool white looks horrifying in comparison.

TCY

Enlightened

L2 means XM-"L2". AFAIK the original MK2 does 900 max lumens with 11 modes using the XM-L LED. The L2 does 1,100 lumens with 4 extra modes.

Latest posts