My DD 5mm LEDS lights....

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I have been playing with some super brights to tide me over till I get some LS's.

this is what has come out so far.

the LED arrays on both is a drop in module I have been working on.

the green is a 2D I got for cheap that the switch was drilled out (thanks turbodog). I have 3 C's in it powering 17 LEDs (I was able to route out the switch module to allow for the extra room I needed for the 3rd C cell.)I just need to get a sleave to limit the slapping around.I assume a 1" ID PVC pipe would be the trick?

GRN2Dw3Cs.jpg

I replaced the switch with a 10 amp rocker switch that works really well (this will be great when I put the LS aray in it (I want to try 3 5watters). I used the factory M@G rubber cap to cover the switch and maintain a bit of water tightness. I took it off for the Picture.

GRN2Dw3C17LEDSWTCH.jpg

the Black one is a 3D Cell with 9 LED's. it runs forever and is a bit more over driven than the Green due to a few less LEDS.
Blk9led3D.jpg

I may put a 1 ohm resistor in both to tone the current down a bit but I have been using my dim Incan Batts in them so the voltage is staying safe.

Beam Shots Will follow soon.

hideo

Enlightened
nice! I like the big-body m*gs for the forever runtimes when the extra bulk isn't a worry ...

guess the reflector is superfluous with 17 LEDs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hideo

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
Here are the beam shots.

it doesnt do justice to the 17 LED one...
I guess I need to try some diff camera settings,and try something thats not so reflective.

the LED lights are at 3 feet and the G2 is at about 5 feet. but the 17 LED and G2 have a comparable Hot spot size.

but both of the LED lights M@Gs have serious throw (15 degree 10,000 mcd LEDs)

LEDbeamshot.jpg

the reflector is gone and all future plates will be polished aluminum.

Up next is a 28-30 LED module

and then a 100-125 LED spot light.

then a LS mod of some kind on the Green M@G prolly a single or 3-4 5watts or a 3-4 1 watt LS array off 2 3>d adaptors

Latest posts