Dead P60 assembly

Kris, can you post a close-up pic of the assembly? And the voltage used.

You still interested in a Hybrid Blaster or did Gransee get your "rainy day" money?
smile.gif

I almost hope so, cause I still have no free time to build another one. Haven't forgot about you though...
smile.gif

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gadget:
Kris, can you post a close-up pic of the assembly? And the voltage used.

You still interested in a Hybrid Blaster or did Gransee get your "rainy day" money?
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No digital camera, and my scanner is on the blink. Actually, my scanner works fine, but I'm having trouble convincing my computer that my scanner is actually attached. I'll need to spend some "quality time" with my PC in pieces to fix this problem. Short answer: no pictures.

The P60 is the lamp assembly for SureFire's G2, 6P, D2, Z2, C2, and M2 lights. I don't know why it isn't used in the E2 (I guess because they wanted different characteristics than the "65 lumens for 60 minutes runtime" for their 6V Executive light-- duh!), but it's still a 6-volt setup.

Regarding the Hybrid Blaster, I'm still interested, but I'm in no hurry whatsoever. I was hoping you hadn't started on it. :whew: I'd still like to talk with you (probably in e-mail would be best) about using colored LEDs along with the whites. Who knows, by the time we get done discussing, you get ready to build, and I get ready to pay, it could be Christmas time!
smile.gif

JoeyL

Enlightened
hello!

As a tinkering experiment, I tried what Brad did for the E2 conversion. However, it is more difficult. The glass bulb is held in place by a very strong cement which has to be drilled out carefully (wear protective eye gear!). A white LED with a 33 ohm resistor soldered to the Cathode (positive terminal) will just fit in this hole. Cover the exposed anode with shrink wrap tubing to avoid a short. The leads can be led down the holes at the base to connect to the spring contacts and soldered.

It works pretty well. It works with the B65 rechargable battery too, and will last at least 8 hours at full brightness.

Have fun!

Kris, I imagine I could probably convert your P60 before I'd complete a Blaster.
smile.gif

Lemme go look at the Surefire site and see what the P60 fixture looks like.

Feel free to email me any time about the Blaster. I haven't checked lately on prices of colored LEDs. Are they any cheaper than whites?

Latest posts