[Review] Olight HS2 lightweight headlamp

Snareman

Enlightened
I just got this light from Olight. I've done videos on a bunch of other headlamps. Most of the flashlight companies that have decided to get into head lights all seem to be making small flashlights that just attach to a headstrap as opposed to the a true headlight like companies like Black Diamond make. The HS2 breaks that tradition as a true dedicated headlamp, rechargeable and super light to boot. Here's a vid I did on it:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you do when battery has run out of juice while you were in de middle of something?

Game over

thermal guy

Flashaholic
What do you do when battery has run out of juice while you were in de middle of something?

Game over

That's my one big gripe with built in battery headlamps. If it runs out of juice you can't just stop and put in a fresh battery. Yes you can carry a backup' but if you have to carry a backup headlight just in case your battery runs dry that's just crazy🤔

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can connect a backup USB power source either directly to the light or to the batter pack. The light can still be used while charging from another USB battery pack - which is nice. This provides a lot of flexibility and the ability to take advantage of either a very large backup pack or tiny one.

Keitho

Enlightened
I can see the appeal of rechargeable, and trying to go lightweight. But, since it is heavier than a 1xAA H502 by 35g, they might be trying to do too much in one package.