Best light for Roger's hold?

MarkIAlbert

Newly Enlightened
Other than Surefire (who calls the Roger's hold the Surefire hold), so else makes a good, solid and extremely rugged light designed for use in a Roger's hold? The Eagletac T25 works well and is a good size, but lacks a quick and easy tailcap lockout. A customized Surefire M2 with 2000 lumens taking an 18650 battery would be perfect. The new Acebeam L16 looks a bit too large, but might work. Any other suggestions?

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... A customized Surefire M2 with 2000 lumens taking an 18650 battery would be perfect ....

Adventure Sport has or had a ~ 3000 lm P60 dropin ... but I believe that XHP70 requires 2x IMR 16340 for power

In any case, VoB may be able to work with you on a custom build to suit your need

TorchLAB v5 Triple (XPL) by Oveready may be another option ... with ~ 2000 lm on 1x IMR or ~ 3500 lm on 2x IMR

Also, however, note that the shock isolated bezel (of the later M2) can cause fitment and/or heat sinking issues with high powered LED dropins. So a Cryos cooling bezel might be a nice upgrade, too :)

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Elzetta Bones don't meet the 2000 lumen criteria, but checks the other boxes.

It can use an 18650 or primaries, has a very tactical tail switch for silent on/off stealth action or an easy to use near silent single mode clicky, has a near neutral tint that greatly reduces self blinding in close quarters, yet provides a nice broad beam at 75+ yards. The knurling allows holster friendly deployment while providing a nice grip, and the threading on the tailcap is such that when time to change fuel cell(s) it has the typical Elzetta seconds saving pitch.

Built in the US too.

Last edited:

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Archimedes and BykFixr. Just purchased the TorchLAB and a host.

Congrats! You might check the "Oveready Unified P60 Hosts" thread. I posted some images of my new Z70 host fitted with a Triad tail cap. Works well for my hand for the Rogers method. [emoji6]