FourSevens Mini MK II Question

lenny

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased this light with the rechargeable RCR 123 battery and charger and absolutely love it.
One thing about it seems to contradict its specs.
When I switch it to High (1020 Lumens) it seems to stay at that level and not step down to a lower level after 15 sec.
Is this possible? Could there be a problem with my light? Or, is the step down in intensity just not that noticeable?
Thanks all.

wjv

Enlightened
Could there be a problem with my light? Or, is the step down in intensity just not that noticeable?

Human eyes are not very good at detecting such things.

If your phone has a light sensor on it there are plenty of lumen/lux/light meter apps out there. On Android most are free. I don't expect that any of them will give you an accurate reading of the OTF lumens, BUT they should be capable of detecting relative changes in the output, so you should be able to see if there is any kind of step down.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could there be a problem with my light?

try collecting some data with a light meter and a volt meter
if the battery is not fully charged, it may not be able to give you that 15seconds of 1020 lumens at all

some people think Turbo is always available, so they fire it over and over, until the battery simply cannot deliver, then they wonder if their light is broken, when all that is needed to recharge the battery.

I dont think it is likely there is anything wrong with your light, more likely it is a matter of differences in battery charge and output, but this is all just speculation until you take some actual measurements of the brightness and the battery levels after a few cycles on Turbo..

congrats on your light, glad you are enjoying it