Jetbeam Jet-TH20 Tactical Flashlight

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Andrew and Amanda are taking pre-orders for the Jetbeam Jet-TH20. They claim 3450 lumens using one 18650 battery. With a peak beam intensity of 25,600 cd and 320 meters of throw. This requires the use of a high drain battery which is included. You can use a regular 18650 but it will produce 1900 lumens. Does anyone know how many amps are required to run this light at it's full output? Will a 10 amp battery such as a Sanyo 18650GA or LG H1 work? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Dear All, I purchased a Jetbeam TH20 from Andrew and Amanda. The battery HR26 is the same length as an unprotected battery. The only difference is that it has a button top. Charles Bridgtec states that his flat-top cells works also.

Hope this updated information helps. I did not have an actual flashlight and battery in hand until now to compare and report.

Andrew and Amanda are taking pre-orders for the Jetbeam Jet-TH20. They claim 3450 lumens using one 18650 battery. With a peak beam intensity of 25,600 cd and 320 meters of throw. This requires the use of a high drain battery which is included. You can use a regular 18650 but it will produce 1900 lumens. Does anyone know how many amps are required to run this light at it's full output? Will a 10 amp battery such as a Sanyo 18650GA or LG H1 work? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Last edited:

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
How long stable?
Mike
Specs Claim 1hr and 6 min.
Search and Rescue;
If your T21vnXHP70.2 will run on an Acebeam protected 3100amp protected battery. Is there any reason to suspect the Jetbeam won't run on my LG 10amp 3500 amp or Sanyo NCR1860GA also, given that it has the same emmiter? Thanks.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
IMO best battery choices are: In order

1.Sony VTC6
2.Samsung 30Q
3.LGHG2
Can not go wrong w/ either of them.

These are ALL 3000mAh cells. From my experience there is very little run time gain using a 3400/3500mah cell when compared to the aforementioned.

These can be had for $5 to $7 @ Liionwholesale.com

:D

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sony VTC5 is lower capacity than VTC6, but capable of higher amps. If you want absolutely max possible output on a full cell VTC5 should be brighter than VTC6.

Capolini

Banned
Sony VTC5 is lower capacity than VTC6, but capable of higher amps. If you want absolutely max possible output on a full cell VTC5 should be brighter than VTC6.

That may be true. But it will ABSOLUTELY not be noticeable with the human eye. However, the run time w/ the VTC6 will be noticeable,,even if it is slight. :D

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the info everyone. Does anyone know the amperage of the battery Jetbeam includes with this light? What would be the minimum amps required to access full turbo mode? Thanks again.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a prototype/preview sample on test now. I'm hoping to post the completed preview-review in the next few days.

I can say that a 20A Efest IMR does not keep up with the included special ICR cell Jetbeam supply.

Unfortunately due to the circuit design I can't take a current measurement (there is a secondary conductor sleeve running along the battery tube).

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys.

Would anyone maybe know if a flat top IMR cell would function or is a button top required?

I've been testing with flat top cells and button top cells. Unless the positive contact design is changed in the final production version, flat tops will be fine.

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened
The 6 volt XHP-70.2 bin N4 needs about 4.4 amps and 6.54 volts to hit that 3450 lumen output. Figure an 80% efficient voltage boost driver and your looking at a 35 watt requirement. Very doable with a good 18650 however since it's a super light with a 28mm listed body diameter I'd prefer a 20700 cell. I prefer the longer run times over slightly small much less capacity. Silly thing is that they list it'll do 2-CR123A's but I can't imagine it doing over 1000 lumen in that set up.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
*pokes subwoofer* Is it ready, is it ready?

:popcorn:

Slight delay, the prototype I've got has an issue in the tail-cap. Jetbeam have fixed it and are shipping an updated version. I'll need to re-run a couple of tests before I can post the review, but the replacement has to arrive first. I'll get it done ASAP.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6 volt XHP-70.2 bin N4 needs about 4.4 amps and 6.54 volts to hit that 3450 lumen output. Figure an 80% efficient voltage boost driver and your looking at a 35 watt requirement. Very doable with a good 18650 however since it's a super light with a 28mm listed body diameter I'd prefer a 20700 cell. I prefer the longer run times over slightly small much less capacity. Silly thing is that they list it'll do 2-CR123A's but I can't imagine it doing over 1000 lumen in that set up.

It might seem silly to list 2xCR123 for a powerhouse like the TH20, but what that gives you is a backup option, not a main choice of power. Keep a couple of CR123s on you, don't even look at them for years and they will always be ready to drop in if you run out of power, yes, not that 3500lm output, but if you are running on reserve power, you are more likely to be using 14lm not Turbo. Feed your engine methanol for a time trial run, or standard petrol for running about, but it is good to be able to use both.

ledilluminate

Newly Enlightened
So, I read that these lights need a Protected cell; however, a couple recommendations are for the LG HG2 and others, which are Unprotected, right? So, is there a risk to using these batteries in this light (or similar applications) or is this just a blanket no fault claim by the manufacturer?

Specs Claim 1hr and 6 min.
Search and Rescue;
If your T21vnXHP70.2 will run on an Acebeam protected 3100amp protected battery. Is there any reason to suspect the Jetbeam won't run on my LG 10amp 3500 amp or Sanyo NCR1860GA also, given that it has the same emmiter? Thanks.

The HR26 battery that comes with the Jetbeam TH20 is the same length as an unprotected cell, but with a button top. I did not have the actual flashlight and battery in hand until now to compare and report. But that is the conclusion.

Last edited: