just orderd a cmg infinity ultra and x1

raggie33

*the raggedier*
but man its so hard with out paypal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gifcause have to do it but money order.but i wanted a infinty for a while

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll love the Infinity Ultra. I like mine so much, that I bought a second one earlier this week. I just hope that since CMG was acquired by Gerber, they won't discontinue the Infinity Ultra. It's just so practical. I gave mine a nickname. The scavenger. It can take batteries that are dead in other devices and give you hours of useable light.

Bill.H

Enlightened
Loading up on those little pocket lights so Sasha won't catch you without a light again? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, you did well. I have (had) three Arc AAAs. I bought them mostly due to the CPF recs.

Received them, harder to handle/turn on with one hand, and shorter run that the Infinity Ultra.

I gave away one of my CMG Infinity Ultras for Christmas.

Trying to trade it back. I miss it.

paulr

Flashaholic
You can't go wrong with the Ultra. The X1 is well made but you may or may not like the narrow beam.

onelight

Enlightened
raggie I think the x1 and the ultra would make a nice set,a task light and a spot light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you'll like both... after all we're flashaholics, aren't we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif As onelight said, both have different functions, depending on which you would find more useful. Personally, I find the spot on the X1 too tight for my liking. Others like the perfect, round spot though. The Ultra you can't go wrong with, i daresay it'll be one of your favourites when you get it! Happy lighting up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think the X1 is a beautifully made light, but its usefulness is a little slim. It's really more of a novelty. I don't have an Infinity Ultra, but I did get the Arc AA. I understand they are about equal in performance. If you are thinking that you will eventually get the Arc, my advice would be to get it now and skip the X1. You will spend about the same and end up with the light you know you want.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie,

I don't have an X1, but I do have an Arc AAA and an Ultra-G and like them both. The Ultra-G would be a little big for a keychain light .... but is a nice light for my other pocket. I am toying with the idea of another Ultra-G I like it so much.

I don't think you can go wrong with any combination of the Arc AAA, Arc AA, Infinity Ultra, or the Sonic. Basically a AA with a AAA combination for a keychain light and one for the other pocket.

Mike