Looking for a mini lantern

stuntmedic

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. After spending the last five days out of power due to hurricane Irma I'm looking for a particular lantern. Something similar to the Rock River 3AA Nightfire mini lantern. I have two of them and they have worked great so far. I'd like to ask knowledgeable folks here what other AA mini lanterns they might recommend. Thanks in advance.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
One of the only lanterns I'd recommend is the Cree 40426; 110 lumens, 3xAA, high/low/flash, but what makes this one special is the warm LED - no cold and clinical garage light, but the cozy and welcoming warm glow you'd expect from a traditional lantern, a pleasant morale boost that might be used in a situation where every bit could help.

stuntmedic

Newly Enlightened
That was exactly what I was looking for. I'm using these for lighting bathrooms and other small rooms that aren't being powered by the circuits on my generator. Thanks very much

the Kwan

Newly Enlightened
These Energizer fusion lamps are pretty good, I have seen one in use and was impressed.
this one
14438842_Alt02

chrisw1

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in what you went with. I just added a thread for the streamlight aa and have been also doing some research on some UST aa lanterns as well. For the same exact reasons you want one is why I am looking as well.