Which Cree led for one CR123?

Short_Round

Newly Enlightened
I'm an absolute novice. I want to be able to run solarforce L2M bodies with one cr123 battery, with maybe the option to run a rechargeable battery sometimes. Mostly I want it to for sure it will work with a non rechargeable battery. I just want it with a single mode. Which CREE led should I be selecting? I ordered one in .8v-4.2v, I hope that one works, but I thought someone would know for sure here. Also, what is a fair price for those leds?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
We call them P60 drop ins, that should help you if you use the search facility.
A CR123 cell is 3 volts and a rechargeable lithium ion cell will give you 3.7 volts, so your 0.8 - 4.2v drop in will work with both.
You can pay anywhere between about 5 - 300 dollars for these things depending on the quality. My average apend on one is about 60 bucks.
Hope you enjoy your new light.
P

Scourie

Enlightened
There's virtually the same amount of energy in a quality 18350 as in a CR123 battery, and electronics are easier to design for the rechargeable.

I'd suggest at least a pair of 18350's, a quality charger and maybe a Sportac module. Around £60 would be the going rate for those. My current favourite is a L2M, 18350 and a Skylumen Xp-g2 de-domed for long range.