Almost Lost My Surefire...Again !

DavidTHR

Enlightened
My EDC flashlight is the SureFire E2 clipped to my rear pocket. Since I started carrying the E2 a few months ago, it has fallen out of my pocket at least 3 times.

To date, I have always been able to locate the AWOL Surefire E2.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

My question: Any suggestions for a CHEAPER (in case it is lost), but quality, EDC flashlight that is similiar in "lighting power" to my E2 that can also be clipped to my rear pocket?

I would consider any type (including LED) and any brand of flashlight.

Thanks.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Can I suggest that you consider a longer belt clip such as the same type as the M2 and SF E2e Outdoorsman use. Whilst this wont completely guarantee against loss it works well for me when carrying my 'modified' SFE2e and is IMHO better.

Doug

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you might try bending your clip a bit to make it sturdier...

also, i drilled a small hole in the front of mine, and it created a slightly sharp edge on the inside, which really grabs (read: tears up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif) my pants.
a lot more secure though....

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other option I came up with is to attach a lanyard to the light, and then to a belt clip. Something that is easily removed from the belt, or is long enough to be useful. This way if it does fall out, as soon as it hits the end of the lanyard you will know it. Or at least I won't lose it.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you consider putting some rubber 'shrink tube' over the body of the light? I am using bicycle inner tubing on my E1e, and not only does it protect the body from scratches, etc, but its also got a very good grip and doesn't slip/slide easily esp when clipped to pants pocket.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should attempt to find a suitable way to carry it.

Why have something that is too valuable to lose and therefore you do not use it as desired?

Jerry

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Or how about a pouch of some sort? That would protect your light and your pants, since those clips tend to eat through cloth.

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas.

I will try a couple of them and see how they work out.