3000K LED Flashlight

taz-d

Newly Enlightened
Seems hard to find 3000k flashlights/headlights.

1- I like the color
2- For hunting, 3k gives better view of trails/blood.

Would like Headband best.

suggestions on making- assembling the components. Don't want to spend big bucks...

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Armytek Tiara C1 Pro Warm 90 CRI headlamp should fit. It uses CR123A primary or 18350 lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.

Armytek does not specific color temperature, but I have the A1 (AA-powered, no longer in production for some reason) version, and it is slightly warmer than 3000K.

It is not as efficient as most LED headlamps, but should still give about 3 hours at 50 lumens on a rechargeable cell.

I'm afraid I just don't know of any other 3000K lights on the market except limited production items and mods. The maker of the HDS Rotary is planning to do a small batch of his most popular flashlight with either a 2700K or 3000K emitter, but I don't know if he has a timeline for that, and it's beyond most users' price range.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?437611-HDS-2700k-High-CRI-interest-thread

It is possible to buy LED emitters of various specs separately and replace the stock emitter in many lights, but generally requires two different types of soldering. There are some folks who will do it for your for a fee.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
For the number of lumens you're likely looking for, your best best might be to use tint filters.

Me personally, I love 3000k for around the house so I just picked up a Peak Eiiger High CRI at 3000k.

taz-d

Newly Enlightened
The 3k would be fine. I don't see the lumens on any of their lights?

Typically used in the woods= DARK- some times, too much light is blinding. You are right though, usually more is better..

Tribull

Enlightened
If your not married to the head lamp, Malkoff's warm drop ins would be about perfect. They have a beautiful tint.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your not married to the head lamp, Malkoff's warm drop ins would be about perfect. They have a beautiful tint.

2nd that. I have a couple M61Ws and the tint is probably just what your looking for.May be a little more than you want to spend unless you already have a P60 host but you can use a Solarforce body to keep the cost low. That said the Malkoff MD2 bodies are very nice and well worth the money IMHO. SF 6P or G2 are also great choices but they are getting harder to find.

puglife

Newly Enlightened
Sofirn SF36w is what you want

1512125709-sofirn-new-sf36w-tactical-led-flashlight-18650-cree-xpl-3000k-powerful-1000lm-lamp-torch-light-pocket.jpg

taz-d

Newly Enlightened
Sofirn SF36w is a great price- especially via AliExpres @$19.

On the Malkoff's warm drop ins, what flashlight bodies will it fit?

MX421

Enlightened

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sofirn SF36w is what you want

I own this light and can say that it is a fantastically warm light; the photos do an exact justice to its output. And the best part is that the output, especially for a warm tinted light, is probably just as bright as it is advertised to be. There really is no BS here...

As an aside, I as well own a Malkoff M61W. It is listed on the website as being a 3000k dropin. The Sofirn SF36W is also listed as being ~3000k. Putting to Sofirn at about the 200 lumen level and then placing the two lights next to one another shows that one of these two lights isn't 3000k. The Malkoff almost looks neutral compared to the Sofirn on a white wall. I'm wondering if the different LEDs, even though both are listed as ~3000k, would somehow be responsible for this? While the Malkoff is an XP-G2, the Sofirn uses an XP-L V6. Or perhaps the Sofirn is actually less than 3000k? I don't know, but the Sofirn output is just awesome!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For something inexpensive, check out Convoy lights. They come in a 7A tint, which is about 3000K. Very nice tint, IMO! It looks almost identical to an incandescent flashlight (though much much brighter, of course).

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best way to get a 3000K flashlight is to mod one of your choice. I have some 3000K 219Cs from Mtn that I will be testing