Malkoff        

Thread: 3000K LED Flashlight

Unenlightened

Default 3000K LED Flashlight

Seems hard to find 3000k flashlights/headlights.

1- I like the color
    2- For hunting, 3k gives better view of trails/blood.

Would like Headband best.

suggestions on making- assembling the components. Don't want to spend big bucks...

Default Re: 3000K LED Flashlight

The Armytek Tiara C1 Pro Warm 90 CRI headlamp should fit. It uses CR123A primary or 18350 lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.

Armytek does not specific color temperature, but I have the A1 (AA-powered, no longer in production for some reason) version, and it is slightly warmer than 3000K.

It is not as efficient as most LED headlamps, but should still give about 3 hours at 50 lumens on a rechargeable cell.

I'm afraid I just don't know of any other 3000K lights on the market except limited production items and mods. The maker of the HDS Rotary is planning to do a small batch of his most popular flashlight with either a 2700K or 3000K emitter, but I don't know if he has a timeline for that, and it's beyond most users' price range.
    http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/show...nterest-thread

It is possible to buy LED emitters of various specs separately and replace the stock emitter in many lights, but generally requires two different types of soldering. There are some folks who will do it for your for a fee.

For the number of lumens you're likely looking for, your best best might be to use tint filters.

Me personally, I love 3000k for around the house so I just picked up a Peak Eiiger High CRI at 3000k.

Unenlightened

The 3k would be fine. I don't see the lumens on any of their lights?

Typically used in the woods= DARK- some times, too much light is blinding. You are right though, usually more is better..

If your not married to the head lamp, Malkoff’s warm drop ins would be about perfect. They have a beautiful tint.

I have an armytek wizard, 3000K high cri and may soon mod for a 3000K Nichia 219C high cri sunwayman v11r if you like.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Tribull View Post
    If your not married to the head lamp, Malkoff’s warm drop ins would be about perfect. They have a beautiful tint.
    2nd that. I have a couple M61Ws and the tint is probably just what your looking for.May be a little more than you want to spend unless you already have a P60 host but you can use a Solarforce body to keep the cost low. That said the Malkoff MD2 bodies are very nice and well worth the money IMHO. SF 6P or G2 are also great choices but they are getting harder to find.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Sofirn SF36w is what you want

Unenlightened

Sofirn SF36w is a great price- especially via AliExpres @$19.

On the Malkoff’s warm drop ins, what flashlight bodies will it fit?

Convoy have loads of lights with 3000k options.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by taz-d View Post
    On the MalkoffÂ’s warm drop ins, what flashlight bodies will it fit?
    They'll fit any P60 host. Any of the ones listed in this thread:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ight-List-host
    getting a Malkoff (MD2) or old Elzetta will lock you only into the Malkoff drop-ins (for the most part, my Sportac dro-ins fit my Elzetta/MD2). Not that that is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by puglife View Post
    Sofirn SF36w is what you want
    I own this light and can say that it is a fantastically warm light; the photos do an exact justice to its output. And the best part is that the output, especially for a warm tinted light, is probably just as bright as it is advertised to be. There really is no BS here...

As an aside, I as well own a Malkoff M61W. It is listed on the website as being a 3000k dropin. The Sofirn SF36W is also listed as being ~3000k. Putting to Sofirn at about the 200 lumen level and then placing the two lights next to one another shows that one of these two lights isn’t 3000k. The Malkoff almost looks neutral compared to the Sofirn on a white wall. I’m wondering if the different LEDs, even though both are listed as ~3000k, would somehow be responsible for this? While the Malkoff is an XP-G2, the Sofirn uses an XP-L V6. Or perhaps the Sofirn is actually less than 3000k? I don’t know, but the Sofirn output is just awesome!

Flashaholic*

For something inexpensive, check out Convoy lights. They come in a 7A tint, which is about 3000K. Very nice tint, IMO! It looks almost identical to an incandescent flashlight (though much much brighter, of course).

Best way to get a 3000K flashlight is to mod one of your choice. I have some 3000K 219Cs from Mtn that I will be testing