Thoughts on these weapons' lights

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at options for a weapon light on my 16inch barrel M4 carbine. The light would probably only ever find use in a home defense application- if I choose to replace my shotgun with this setup. Alternatively it would go on the shotgun, actually...

Anyways I know there are a TON of options out there but the two that caught my eye are:
Ozark Armament Rifle Light
Streamlight Polytac with mount

Both are about the same price, and at an affordable point for my budget. The streamlight is a known performer; not necessarily a hotrod but good quality. I don't need a 1,000+ lumen barn burner here, it would only see use indoors with little to no lighting. The Ozark is a new brand to me but I like the profile. Has anybody heard of this brand or is it just another cheap-chinese-import?

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not familiar with the Ozark but I'm pretty sure its just a lights branded by Ozark but mass manufactured overseas. Nothing wrong with that. I just can't give an opinion. Streamlight is a good quality brand that has been serving law enforcement officers for quite a few years. Not a bad choice.

Can I just throw something else out there?
Now I'm going to be kind of biased here because I am a dealer. That being said I'm not posting up any links or giving any recommendations on where to purchase. I an tell you that I work with a lot of SWAT officers and have been moving quite a few of the Olight PL Series weapon lights. While most look at them as pistol lights I can tell you they are a good all around weapon lights. I have departments running the PL1 Version 2 (450 Lumens) on subguns as well as other departments running the PLII (1200 Lumens) on ARs.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta Bravo or Charlie AVS, all the way. Elzetta also makes very popular rifle mounts. Legendary build quality, lifetime guarantee.

mickb

Enlightened
I am an industrial user so a long way behind these flashaholics in general knowledge. That said I do quite a bit of hunting at night and see Olights are currently very popular in Australia, some niteforce and Klarus and others on gun setups too. That said for actual self defence applications on weapon I would go for nothing less than top quality in reliability and durability, which chinese or mass production lights just aren't.

Your procedures, training, expensive firearm and families lives are all worth nothing if the light on your gun fails, not worth skimping the few extra bucks to get the best light out there. Keep in mind police departments, like the army are often working to very high ideals...but also to a budget. Just to outline there are sometimes better options than what they are using.

Last edited:

Latest posts