Acebeam        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SAD NEWS FROM GOING GEAR (PLEASE READ)

Default Re: SAD NEWS FROM GOING GEAR (PLEASE READ)

All, the staff and family thank you so much for the kind words! Don't forget Olight is contributing all sales TODAY from www.olightstore.com to his children's trust fund! Lastly, please feel free to visit http://www.carmichaelfuneralhomes.co...elebrationWall if you haven't already.

Cedric @ Going Gear

I just found this thread. I can't believe it. This is the first time I sit in front of a monitor for a very long time and don't know what to say/type. I live in Australia so I don't buy from going gear but I've been watching Marshall's shotshow videos and flashlight reviews for a long time and I know that Marshall is a great guy. In his prime, doing great work but passed away. RIP Marshall, you will be remembered by the flashlight community. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Thank you Rob Babcock for posting this on the flashlight subforum. If that post wasn't there I would never know.

Here's an update on the Celebration of Life plans with a changed venue:

Mr. Marshall W. Hoots, age 37, of Marietta, passed away Monday, September 25, 2017. A celebration of his life will be held 2 pm Sunday, October 8 in the chapel of Carmichael Funeral Home in Smyrna. The family will receive friends at the Family Celebration Center at Carmichael Funeral Home following the service.

Mr. Hoots is survived by his wife Lindsay Hoots, children Quinnlyn and Cullen Hoots, parents Michael Hoots and Diane Hoots, brother Matthew (Sheila) Hoots, nephews Daniel, Anthony and Matthew Hoots. Marshall was a graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology with a Degree in Business. He started Going Gear by selling fire steels online. In the early years, Marshall would pack up his gear and travel to various gun shows establishing Going Gearís foothold in the marketplace. He added products he used and eventually grew the business centered on outdoor equipment, specialty knives and the largest in store flashlight display in the US. He developed his own line of products under the NuMyth trademark. Marshall was highly respected for his numerous YouTube videos focusing on flashlights, fire starters and other outdoor equipment. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made through a go fund me account that will be set up for his children.
    http://www.carmichaelfuneralhomes.co...#/obituaryInfo

Too sad news, R.I.P. Marshall.

My condolences. Very sad to hear and I will be thinking of the family. What a great person with such an impact on so many.

Very sad to hear of Marshall's passing. Way too soon. Condolences to his family and friends.

Marshall had a BIG impact on many people here, including myself when I got into the flashlight scene. I used to spend hours on end watching his older videos from several years ago when he would test his flashlights and shined them at the big tree and also in his backyard. He had such a fantastic presentation style and such a recognizable voice. RIP my friend, you will be dearly missed.

Flashaholic

This is very sad. Condolences to the family and friends. I watched his videos for years and he help me make smart purchases. He will be missed by this community. I hope goinggear will continue and remain a great company for the flashlight and edc community. As long as gg is around they'll have my business
    Last edited by weez82; 10-08-2017 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Hit wrong button

Flashaholic*

Iím terribly sorry for your loss.
    Heís brought smiles to a lot of faces, and been a true asset. All the best to family and friends.

Here's a little tribute to Going Gear and Marshall.

Below is an image of most of the stuff I've bought from Going Gear in the past few years. (Some stuff is much older than a few years old.) Many things Marshall helped create, many things Marshall or the team helped me choose. I've never had a time where I would hesitate to ask what Marshall or Going Gear would suggest and they always knew what I was looking for.

Yes, I love neutral lights and when there's a special edition that had neutral emitters in them, I would often buy two to help the industry and Marshall know that there is a preference. Marshall has a really good idea what is going to sell well because he loves this stuff.

He had some trouble with some of his ideas. Having a fixed blade knife created with his vision and having a fire steel built into that knife... That thing was too darned expensive! What was it $275 or $375? I know I thought about buying it a few times, but never pulled the trigger and then it disappeared.

I love stuff that makes fire, it is something people need to survive. I feel Marshall was there with me, because anytime I got the itch to buy something new that creates fire, I can go on Going Gear and look at his fire section and there is always something new and interesting.

"For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Default SAD NEWS FROM GOING GEAR (PLEASE READ)

Today as I was working on my lights, everything reminded me of Marshal...the V11r with the Going Gear flame on it, the write in the rain notebook, lights I bought from the "garage sales" he used to do...he will be greatly missed...thoughts & prayers to his family and friends....
    Last edited by Crazyeddiethefirst; 10-13-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Flashaholic*

ill ask again, why did my post get deleted here ?

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    It was a quote of a deleted post, so logically...

No further discussion is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    Because it was inappropriate for this thread.... as is this post also. So in case it hasn't been clear previously.... and I'm not quite sure why it has not been... STOP! NOW!

Banned

I believe it was mine that was deleted. Why?

Because I called GG to send my condolences and ask them in a kind way what happened? What is wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Capolini View Post
    I believe it was mine that was deleted. Why?

Because I called GG to send my condolences and ask them in a kind way what happened? What is wrong with that?
    Again... VERY inappropriate and tacky, IMO (which is the only one that counts) and I felt it opened the door for others to do the same.

Now move along boys... this part of this discussion is DONE.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234