Blue Preon P2 availability?

pendragon1998

Newly Enlightened
Last night, I finally decided on a Preon P2 for my first aid kit that I am assembling. I want a blue one, so it's a little more visible, but I don't seem to be able to find any for sale. I prefer to shop at Amazon, 4Sevens, or one of the 'big' reputable merchants. Am I missing something, or was the color discontinued?

I have had EDCed a Quark Mini 123 for a long time, maybe 6 or 7 years, and I have loved it, so I was looking forward to a Preon.

L@@King at the page for the 2nd generation Preon p2 on foursevens.com I see the usual drop down box that allows one to choose between blue and black is not available. This leads me to believe the blue P2 is out of stock.

~ Chance

pendragon1998

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I just wasn't sure if they were permanently out of stock.

Peter, the bodies you referenced don't fit the newest model of Preon.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Chance,
I always learn about the coolest shops from you. After discovering "Option Gray" from this thread I was able to direct someone in another thread there for an item. Many Thanks!

pendragon1998

Newly Enlightened
Well, I bought the P2 from OptionGray. It's shipped and should be here soon. The owner sent me an email asking how I found them, why I chose them, etc. I assume it's a standard email, but he replied to me after I replied, and thanked me with a personalized message, so I know he actually reads those. It's been a good experience so far.

pendragon1998

Newly Enlightened
I thought I would come back with a final update. Option Gray came through with the light I wanted. They were fast and courteous, and shipped the light with very careful packaging.

I quite like the Preon P2 gen2. It seems to be well made and puts out decent light. I kind of wish they had a low med high mode with no strobe, and that the memory function was able to be turned off, but I am pretty happy as-is. The instructions were a bit vague about how to change the settings, and I ended up having to watch a youtube vid, but I have it down now. This light will be living in a first aid kit. My EDC will continue to be my bullet proof Quark mini 123.

pendragon1998

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

So I have had about a month now to play with two Preon P2 (second gen) lights. I got a second one as a birthday present shortly after buying my first. One thing I have noticed is the tailcap clicky switch is pretty persnickety about being pressed straight down. If you try and actuate it on one corner of the switch, so that it goes down at an angle, it will jam and not switch the light on. It has to be a flush press straight down.

Is this a feature (preventing accidential activation), a bug (two finicky switches), or just a characteristic of clickg switches? Should I request replacement switches?