Color comparisons?

spotter1

Newly Enlightened
I am considering buying a Surefire KL1 LED assembly for my E2e. I am unsure about what brightness level to expect, as well as the color of the beam. I have read here that there is a blueish/purplish color to the KL1. Is the KL1 more or less purplish than the Brinkmann Long Life LED 2AA, which is the only light I have to compare it too? How much brighter is the KL1 than the Brinkmann 2AA LED and the Surefire L1? Would the Surefire L1 be a better choice over the KL1? Thanks much for your help.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Spotter,

I don't have a Brinkman to compare to, but with regards to the KL1, you will also be subject to the Luxeon lottery as well, meaning its your luck whether you get one with a violet or green or bluish tint. Mine has a slightly violet tint, and it doesn't bug me too much...

As for comparison to the L1, it depends on what you need the light for. The L1 gives you the option of low or high output all in one package. However it runs on 1x123. With the KL1 on E2e I would daresay that it'll definitely be brighter than the L1 on high mode. Furthermore, the KL1 can be used on either a E1e or even a 3x123 cell body if you can find any left with some of the dealers here! I might add also that if you're not entirely satisfied with the Led, some of our modders here will be able to help you mod it to with a nicer Led! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif