Does the JETBeam E20R have a lockout on its side switch?

goldenlight

Enlightened
As the title says. This is a new flashlight, and I can find very little information about it. Does the exposed side switch have a lockout function? Without one, the side switch would get activated within a few minutes of being put into a pocket, rendering this 'EDC' light dead in your pocket, every time.

I had to return a nice Sunwayman light, because it had a protruding side switch. It had a lockout function, but it only worked, for me, in less than 1 out of 10 attempts to engage the lockout. It was like the switch lockout was designed and built by Lucas Electrics. It was just that bad.

This has made me leery of flashlight with exactly this type of switch. The side switch makes flashlights shorter, but without an easy to use and extremely reliable switch lockout, this design is functionally useless. Unless you WANT to drain and recharge the battery EVERY day. I sure don't.

Thank you for any information you can share!

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does. There is a review thread further below that has some more information. A press and hold from off will lock/unlock the light. Like my Jetbeam Jet II Pro, I have to unlock the E20R after each battery change. Also like the Jet II Pro, certain modes are accessible even with the light locked out. Unlike the Jet II Pro, I am having some random lockout issues. I hope to have a video up tomorrow in the other thread showing that it's not all in my head lol.