Looking for replacement O-ring for Fulton anglehead flashlight

mr-templeton

Newly Enlightened
I know fulton sells a big kit with lots of parts (none of which I need), as all I need is one part: just the big o-ring that is exposed when you remove the main part to change the bulb. My o-ring has cracked in a million places. Anybody know a good source for those where you don't have to by 100 of them? Any idea of the official size?

Thanks for the help!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF ....

Your post, above, has been approved.

I think @bykfixer may be of help here, if and when he sees this thread :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks Archi...

Yup I can help.
It's a 45mm rubber o-ring you can get at places like NAPA stores or anywhere that fixes hydraulic hoses. Little ma-n-pa parts store on the outskirts of small towns usually have parts to help local farmers keep their tractors going.

Fulton Industries has a kit for about $6.50 but it sounds like you already know that.

Welcome to CPF.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks Archi...

Yup I can help.
It's a 45mm rubber o-ring you can get at places like NAPA stores or anywhere that fixes hydraulic hoses. Little ma-n-pa parts store on the outskirts of small towns usually have parts to help local farmers keep their tractors going.

Fulton Industries has a kit for about $6.50 but it sounds like you already know that.

Welcome to CPF.

Problem solved, by byk, in ... 22 minutes :D

:clap: :twothumbs :goodjob:

mr-templeton

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Archi...

Yup I can help.

Welcome to CPF.

Thanks for the help. I will look for one at my local napa auto parts store. But any more info that you can provide about the o-ring, like its designation, its part number, size no., etc.?

Thanks again.

mr-templeton

Newly Enlightened
Will do.
I think something odd is going on in that my original post did not seem to appear. Are there now 2 posts?, I only see 1.

mr-templeton

Newly Enlightened
That is weird, what am I doing wrong?

I just wanted to reply to bykfixer, and it looked like the post never showed.
But I just wanted to reply to him one time.

Did i do it right this time?

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
That is weird, what am I doing wrong?
I wanted to reply to bykfixer, and I thought the post never showed.
But I just wanted to reply to him one time.
Did i do it right this time?
Nonsense, fluff, and duplicate posts get cleaned up all the time.

In fact, this whole exchange here in this thread may well go :poof: soon ....

Just please don't post the same thing multiple times and/or in multiple threads :shakehead

See Rule 9

Last edited:

mr-templeton

Newly Enlightened
Gotcha, but how can I ask about a NAPA auto part number? Is that really considered nonsense or fluff?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks for the help. I will look for one at my local napa auto parts store. But any more info that you can provide about the o-ring, like its designation, its part number, size no., etc.?

Thanks again.

Gotcha, but how can I ask about a NAPA auto part number? Is that really considered nonsense or fluff?

Once, not 5 times.

mr-templeton

Newly Enlightened
Very sorry, I tried to only post that question about part numbers a single time. Sorry that it appeared repeatedly, I have no idea why.
Sorry for the trouble.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Very sorry, I tried to only post that question about part numbers a single time. Sorry that it appeared repeatedly, I have no idea why.
Sorry for the trouble.
Sometimes there are glitches that staff sweep up. It is odd that each post was different by only a word or two, but let's just leave it there.

I'm glad you were able to get helpful information here, and if others have additional details on the part you seek, they are welcome to add that to this thread.

No more discussion of moderation here. If you have further questions or concerns, please take it to PM.

Thank you :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Archi:
Doesn't the first 3 posts require approval before the user can see them?
I feel like when I first arrived my initial posts weren't visible until somebody approved them.

Mr. Templeton, I'm not sure the status of your ability to PM yet. Once you get your 3rd one in doors open.

Anyway the o-ring in 2.45mm thick give or take a hundreth or so and the OD of the light head is 45.71 give or take a hundreth or so. A 45mm x 2mm o-ring made of butel, silicone or whatever NAPA uses will suffice.

Edit: I see you are up to seven posts. Pm incoming. I have an extra gasket kit I'll send ya. 2 flat ones, an o-ring and a 2 cell bulb.

Last edited:

PJ

Enlightened
Some of the smaller hardware stores may have them. I needed an O-ring for a one gallon tank sprayer and found them at a Do-It Best hardware store down the road from me. They had a pretty big selection of O-rings, I believe they were sized by a number system so you may have to bring one and match it up. I think they were about 70 cents each.

busseguy

Enlightened
Archi:
Doesn't the first 3 posts require approval before the user can see them?
I feel like when I first arrived my initial posts weren't visible until somebody approved them.

Mr. Templeton, I'm not sure the status of your ability to PM yet. Once you get your 3rd one in doors open.

Anyway the o-ring in 2.45mm thick give or take a hundreth or so and the OD of the light head is 45.71 give or take a hundreth or so. A 45mm x 2mm o-ring made of butel, silicone or whatever NAPA uses will suffice.

Edit: I see you are up to seven posts. Pm incoming. I have an extra gasket kit I'll send ya. 2 flat ones, an o-ring and a 2 cell bulb.

Thats awesome of you to do that for him :cool: