Jetbeam        
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official CPF Coffee Thread. All things Coffee... (And related beverages)

Default Re: strong coffee

i always figure them pricey brands are just decent non named brands with a huge mark up
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Strong as in dark roast? High caffeine? You can make any coffee strong by increasing ratio of grounds to h20 and dark roasts often use cheaper grade beans because you canít taste the difference when theyíre burned! Highest caffeine coffee comes from robusta beans, again the cheaper alternative. Good coffee is naturally sweet, but most coffee drinkers just want the kick. Might as well drink Red Bull...

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post
    Strong as in dark roast? High caffeine? You can make any coffee strong by increasing ratio of grounds to h20 and dark roasts often use cheaper grade beans because you canít taste the difference when theyíre burned! Highest caffeine coffee comes from robusta beans, again the cheaper alternative. Good coffee is naturally sweet, but most coffee drinkers just want the kick. Might as well drink Red Bull...
    i like 8 o clock coffee when its on buy 1 get 1 free
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

I roast my own beans!

I just purchased a bag of "kicking horse" coffee. I think it's supposed to be pretty strong. We'll see whenever I get around to using it

I roast my own beans!
    how do you brew it? i use one of these it does a decent job i was grinding my own beans till dang grinder went crazy and covered my kitchen in dust https://www.amazon.com/Auto-iQ-Froth.../dp/B07FX73Y7H

Roast and then I grind them. At that point any brewer will work.Much cheaper and better than any coffee you can buy. Itís like fresh baked bread compared to store bought.
    Last edited by ledbetter; 07-03-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Flashaholic

Starbuck's Sumatra is my absolute favorite dark roast/robust tasting coffee. Recently I tried Peet's Major Dickason and it is really good as well - when I want a slightly different tasting coffee that is also "strong".

Haven't tried any listed in the first post so can't comment on how those would compare...

Cheers,
    Tim
    Last edited by CobraMan; 07-05-2020 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling errors...
    More Lights Than I Care to Admit but Not Enough to Stop Buying!

Default Re: The Official CPF Coffee Thread. All things Coffee... (And related beverages)

9 Great Coffee Beers and Why You Should Try Them
    https://www.foodandwine.com/beer/coffee-beer-guide

I guess you meant a different kind of strong?
    Last edited by Empath; 07-04-2020 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Title restored to thread title
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Default Re: The Official CPF Coffee Thread. All things Coffee... (And related beverages)

I roast my own beans!
    Me too! Got a Gene Cafe and love it. Started out using a Poppery Popcorn maker at first about 5 years ago. Bought the Gene Cafe off Craigslist 6 months ago and am loving it.
    Last edited by Empath; 07-05-2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Title restored to thread title
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Me too! Got a Gene Cafe and love it. Started out using a Poppery Popcorn maker at first about 5 years ago. Bought the Gene Cafe off Craigslist 6 months ago and am loving it.
    Nice machine. Iím doing the stovetop method but looking to upgrade to a behmor though I canít complain about the results! Amazing coffee at a great price. I get beans from sweetmarias. You?
    Last edited by Empath; 07-05-2020 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Title restored to thread title

Last edited by Empath; 07-05-2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Title restored to thread title

I think that chart underrates how strong Deathwish coffee actually is.
    Last edited by Empath; 07-05-2020 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Title restored to thread title
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Nice machine. Iím doing the stovetop method but looking to upgrade to a behmor though I canít complain about the results! Amazing coffee at a great price. I get beans from sweetmarias. You?
    Yes, Sweet Maria's! Good stuff!
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Ordered a Hario V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper, 01 size.

They get you coming and going if you're not careful. These ceramic dripper makers, that basically hold the filter and grounds while you pour over hot water, try and sell you pour over kettles and scales to measure your water and grounds, special rigs to hold the dripper over the cup underneath, all sorts of bells and whistles. I just use a pot to boil the water, pour that into a pyrex measuring and pour over the dripper over a large cup.

Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    They get you coming and going if you're not careful. These ceramic dripper makers, that basically hold the filter and grounds while you pour over hot water, try and sell you pour over kettles and scales to measure your water and grounds, special rigs to hold the dripper over the cup underneath, all sorts of bells and whistles. I just use a pot to boil the water, pour that into a pyrex measuring and pour over the dripper over a large cup.
    True, you can go minimalist. Weighing grounds and knowing how much water youíre using helps but so does trial and error. Grind is pretty important too but if youíre using preground, medium or med fine is ok.Youtube videos can be helpful and the ones by Hoffmann are my favorite but it can get as technical as flashlights!

I can eyeball it with respect to water level, grounds spoonfuls. No big deal.

Black. Haven't had any foo foo in my cup for years now (i.e. sugar, sweetener, cream).

i love hot cocoa .

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    i love hot cocoa .
    Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

good question i just get whats ever on sale . next time i go fown staires ill look i know is nestle

Got the Hario V60 02 ceramic and the V60 glass 600ml server. Nice setup - makes great coffee.

Got the Hario V60 02 ceramic and the V60 glass 600ml server. Nice setup - makes great coffee.
    Is it available in a bigger size than 600ml?

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Is it available in a bigger size than 600ml?
    Yup - next size up is 800ml.

Trying out some dark and extra dark.

Trying out some dark and extra dark.

Looks like a marketing ploy. You donít burn good beans to super dark. You might be paying for packaging. There are no coffee beans grown in the USA. Try intelligentsia, sweetmarias, or better yet, find a local roaster.

BRC is right up my alley. Just Black is great. Beyond Black cup was outstanding. I keep track of my caffeine half life so no problems with sleep lol.

Looks like Rambo coffee. They probably sell macho soap to go with it. Anything to get your dollar. Also, darker roasts have LESS caffeine than lighter roasts.
    Last edited by ledbetter; 07-10-2020 at 09:51 PM.

What can I say - I like supporting Veteran owned companies. I like dark roasts. And I also like my coffee black.
    Last edited by 5S8Zh5; 07-11-2020 at 03:34 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast