FourSevens        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

  1. #1

    Default ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    IMG_3817 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr
    IMG_3818 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr
    IMG_3819 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* Nichia!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Price?

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,078

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    That's Purdy!

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* Eric242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    [-Mad in Germany-]
    Posts
    2,780

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Nice! Whatīs the Mokume Gane made of? Copper and brass or copper and nickelsilver or....?

    Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested


  5. #5

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Rey, PLEASEEEEEEEEE make it with a clip. Love the light but I cant use lights that dont have clips


    Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    Nice! Whatīs the Mokume Gane made of? Copper and brass or copper and nickelsilver or....?

    Eric
    I believe Mokume has more iron in it for the reddish color

  6. #6

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Price?
    200$?

  7. #7

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    Nice! Whatīs the Mokume Gane made of? Copper and brass or copper and nickelsilver or....?

    Eric
    Copper, brass, and nickelsilver. But we might use only copper and brass in production. nickelsilver pattern is hard to control. Check the 1st pic, tail of the flashlight.

  8. #8

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Clip?

    QQ截图20171024153935 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr

  9. #9
    *Flashaholic* gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    7,943

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Not that one. Please.

  10. #10

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Not that one. Please.
    Just kidding, won't use clip for this one. BTY, why you hate this clip? too soft?

  11. #11
    Honorary Aussie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,985

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Beautiful. Count me in for one.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

  12. #12
    Flashaholic Weld Inspector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Please allow preorder I don't wanna miss this one rey
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

  13. #13
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by hbk_rey View Post
    Copper, brass, and nickelsilver. But we might use only copper and brass in production. nickelsilver pattern is hard to control. Check the 1st pic, tail of the flashlight.
    How about just nickel silver and copper? (my favorite combination ) - great contrast within the pattern, especially as the copper develops a wonderful patina...
    Although in this the copper was also etched and the nickel silver polished, you can see the idea -- here in a Photon Fanatic light:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...me-Gane-Killer

    And here, in George's very recent Nucleus, note the Mokume light after a short bit of time and the patina -- just brass and copper do not have as much contrast; you can see all three metals here in his light - scroll down to the Mokume one:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...opper-Complete!

    Hope you decide to keep the nickel silver in this light.
    Perhaps the particular bar stock used in the sample did not have as much of the nickel silver consistently interwoven in the pattern, or as much nickel silver as other bars might. IMO the silver adds an important visual aspect.
    Last edited by phosphor22; 10-24-2017 at 07:56 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Weld Inspector View Post
    Please allow preorder I don't wanna miss this one rey
    Thanks,
    Still hesitating on the driver. I want to use the same driver in LAN and Pineapple. AA/14500, 4 modes. Wondering if it is too much modes for a twisty?
    Once it is decided, will pre-sale.

  15. #15

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Thanks for the links.

  16. #16
    Flashaholic Weld Inspector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Trit slot in the tail?
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

  17. #17
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by hbk_rey View Post
    Thanks,
    Still hesitating on the driver. I want to use the same driver in LAN and Pineapple. AA/14500, 4 modes. Wondering if it is too much modes for a twisty?
    Once it is decided, will pre-sale.
    This light sounds like it will be a very fine light indeed...
    IMO a clicky is better for 4 modes - same kind as in ReyLight LAN or Pineapple.
    Last edited by phosphor22; 10-24-2017 at 10:06 AM.

  18. #18
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Weld Inspector View Post
    Trit slot in the tail?
    Yes hoping for a trit slot or two as well!
    Perhaps the grooves in the tail could be modified to be trit slots.
    Last edited by phosphor22; 10-24-2017 at 10:08 AM.

  19. #19
    Flashaholic Weld Inspector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by phosphor22 View Post
    Yes hoping for a trit slot or two as well!
    Perhaps the grooves in the tail could be modified to be trit slots.
    Won't stop me from buying my first mokume light tho
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

  20. #20
    *Flashaholic* gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    7,943

    Default ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by hbk_rey View Post
    Just kidding, won't use clip for this one. BTY, why you hate this clip? too soft?
    Yep. Clip is too short and too soft. Bends easily and doesn't spring back.

    Trit slot is a must!

    4 modes is doable for me. Unsure about others. The ti lan driver is good.

  21. #21

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    I donít care much about modes as long as itís spaced well and no mode memory. Oh, and a sub lumen mode. Guess I do care

    In my opinion an AA light is too big to keychain carry and needs a clip. Maybe do two tailcap options? One with clip and one with trits instead?

  22. #22
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    +1 for trit slots. I'm in for 1...

  23. #23

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    I donít care much about modes as long as itís spaced well and no mode memory. Oh, and a sub lumen mode. Guess I do care

    In my opinion an AA light is too big to keychain carry and needs a clip. Maybe do two tailcap options? One with clip and one with trits instead?

  24. #24
    Flashaholic Weld Inspector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    For the record Rey I like all of your lights the way they come, I was only asking IF it had a trit slot, I make no demands your lights are awesome
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

  25. #25

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    I donít care much about modes as long as itís spaced well and no mode memory. Oh, and a sub lumen mode. Guess I do care

    In my opinion an AA light is too big to keychain carry and needs a clip. Maybe do two tailcap options? One with clip and one with trits instead?
    qwertyasdfgh
    When I reply to the thread, "space" doesn't work when I type in the 1st line, any same experience?

    Will have trit slots, don't worry. No promise on the clip though. Any suggested good clips on the open market?
    Now the tail and tube cannot be separated.

  26. #26

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by hbk_rey View Post
    qwertyasdfgh
    When I reply to the thread, "space" doesn't work when I type in the 1st line, any same experience?

    Will have trit slots, don't worry. No promise on the clip though. Any suggested good clips on the open market?
    Now the tail and tube cannot be separated.
    If you do the two screw ďstandardĒ sizing that most makers seem to be using now (Oveready, Okluma, StrongLights, McGizmo, SteelFlame) you donít even have to supply a clip, let the customer buy the one they like if they need it.

    I donít know how it will fit with the diameter of the tail, might need a raised part with a flatter curve to fit their spacing and curve. You can offer if tapped and use the holes for an optional keychain loop attachment like the old HDS lights.

    Orrrrrrr, hear me out here, letís say you have holes found around the the tail portion. You can have them utilized for trit mounting, with the end of the tube visible on the side and the length (side) of the tube visible looking down at the tail cap. Two of those holes can be tapped for the clip but if people donít want a clip they can fill the holes with trits and itís invisible.

    Maybe Iím getting carried away and it wonít work but hereís a terrible drawing I scribbled up on my phone.


  27. #27
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Posts
    1,433

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by hbk_rey View Post
    qwertyasdfgh
    When I reply to the thread, "space" doesn't work when I type in the 1st line, any same experience?
    I had this problem a little while back until I updated my browser.

  28. #28

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    I had this problem a little while back until I updated my browser.
    Thanks.

  29. #29

    Default Re: ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    If you do the two screw ďstandardĒ sizing that most makers seem to be using now (Oveready, Okluma, StrongLights, McGizmo, SteelFlame) you donít even have to supply a clip, let the customer buy the one they like if they need it.

    I donít know how it will fit with the diameter of the tail, might need a raised part with a flatter curve to fit their spacing and curve. You can offer if tapped and use the holes for an optional keychain loop attachment like the old HDS lights.

    Orrrrrrr, hear me out here, letís say you have holes found around the the tail portion. You can have them utilized for trit mounting, with the end of the tube visible on the side and the length (side) of the tube visible looking down at the tail cap. Two of those holes can be tapped for the clip but if people donít want a clip they can fill the holes with trits and itís invisible.

    Maybe Iím getting carried away and it wonít work but hereís a terrible drawing I scribbled up on my phone.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Make a spacing to fit other (18350/18650) clips sounds great. The thickness is not availabe now, will see what I can do. I don't understand the HDS light you mentioned, could you pls pm me link or pic?
    Trit slots, how about this:


    The tail kinda reminds me of the complete new LAN.
    QQ截图20171025135732 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr
    Last edited by hbk_rey; 10-24-2017 at 11:58 PM.

  30. #30
    *Flashaholic* gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    7,943

    Default ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

    New Lan!! Nice. No tailstanding though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •