What should I replace my Nitecore MH20 with?

TORCHrider

Newly Enlightened
On my last business trip my MH20 was stolen out of my luggage. Now that I am going to replace it, I am wondering if I should by another MH20 or something else. I am looking for something under or around $100 that is 1k Lumen and has a moonlight setting. I'd like to stay with the 18650 format batteries. Should I buy something else like the Nitecore P12, Fenix PD35 or stick with the MH20?

Last edited:

Budman231

Enlightened
I have recently purchased a Zebralight SC600 mk III with Neutral XHP35 emitter. Really nice light... It has a 10% hot spot and has very usable spill. I use it for biking at night in the woods. Excellent tint for great visibility.

Lots of discussion on this one.. Link

Bud

Last edited:

TORCHrider

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback Bud. I will look into the ZL SC600 mkIII. The hot spot / spill ratio on the MH20 was great. That is one thing I really liked about it. I used the MH20 as my roaming the ranch light, beach combing light, house clearing light and even get to the bathroom at night light. Maybe I'm talking myself into another? :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go new ZL SC600 XHP HI or wait for Nitecore to make an XHP HI MH20 which I would buy in a heartbeat. Which version of the MH20 did you lose? The CW, NW or XP-L HI GT?

Sarge120867

Newly Enlightened
My MH20 just bit the dust whilst I was crawling around in a crawlspace. (Second Nitecore to fail me) I ordered an Olight S2 Baton while they had their Halloween sale going. I also ordered an S1R Turbo S. This will be my first experience with Olight. I hope they are as good as all the reviewers seem to say.