Are There Any 18650 LED Lights That Are Suitable As Cap Light?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
As posted above, I am wondering if there are any 18650 LED lights that would be suitable as a cap light? Most of the baseball caps that I would wear while using a light like that have a bill/brim/visor that is almost 3 inches wide. So, with that in mind, it would need to have a clip oriented the correct way. It. obviously, must be one of the smaller 18650 lights. Or, am I wasting my time even looking at this? Are all of the 18650 lights simply too heavy to wear on a baseball cap or will they stick out too far?

Certainly, if anybody is using an 18650 light as a cap light, one/some of them must be a member of CandlePower Forums!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's the problem of leverage if you clip at the end of the hat brim.
I'll stick with my theme of recommending the ZL H600 series for nearly everything. If you order an H style clip from ZL it fits the H600 (fits mark II models anyway), and you'd clip into the side of the brim, keeping the light close to your temple, almost the same as if it were in its head strap. I don't know of a good 18650 light that's lighter, or of a better configuration to keep the weight from prying your hat down over your eyes.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I have the olight s1r on my hat for work and i bet the s2r is what youre looking for. Its really short with side switch, bezel up clip, and has a wide beam

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
I use the Thorfire VG10 as a cap light. Works very well. If you get that one make sure it is the older VG10 and not the upgraded VG10S. The clip was reversed when they updated it.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I was going to say the Olight S2, however I really disliked the design of the factory pocket clip... I ended up replacing it with the pocket clip from a Fenix LD12 (which works really well)....

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately, I have been using a Fenix RC09 as a cap light. The location and orientation of the clip makes it work out well for that purpose. I would just like to get something with more lumens and a longer run time, thus the reason I have been searching for something that uses an 18650 battery.

B0rt

Newly Enlightened
That is great to know. By any chance, are you able to post a photograph of that on your cap?
My very first selfie ever, just for you @JAS ;)

miD_H9B5yFkn1IWteVCf0KMFBXQ2vUKbbMk8ID-8nAyvQTXJK5kCdIgWrRjh3KfnbWwRLpXnsLEHOxtTFfkkNHY8VpOrzb6DhtRT_8beWSNDEMj7rr5z5bv_csNVx9VI7NOy0TXjIiPC8C3UT4U002aGihxJMEXLRWIpoEZAuiDRI7q2B7ZEen4AyItUMHBn7EjwF3jQRysL9xNqLI2g4bjRLG-KfkFnr3utVZv8t-UJNRKDqrYa9W3IliMpn1VfXkYYJv-YVNI7fuJcSZSPCRcuZ3gKJT9jVbS-FchpWO_e49zDgD4fVd-koQS5qTxb3mmPS_Xu0-bUnyt9bGKzz3BJF4EuMpv1Ump_pyyQjn-iRSpsH3e_GGeQg0oLvPmA2L89K0MClYtzcs95SGTV7aWuu3gDHyWc0nIKqUOjxA2GAJfQezuJi2-PwCXdusFF7IbsxwETNC0q_TSfLww3TkFG77Oh62uYJB0qt5Q1HTlt8unzoP4sZRN3CdoMStuhw5UQVmnhR0lPWkzf5g-sTYr47KToh_vtdnV9PyBXS5I5MBaoHSwnbQ-y3fcNmgD2sYNJborA8FRVLpo488hVtJIzVdK30ZtQGXi6AnBKLQ=w675-h900-no

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for posting that. It looks great. Does it seem like the clip holds it in place pretty securely?

B0rt

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for posting that. It looks great. Does it seem like the clip holds it in place pretty securely?
Yes, it does. I have used it quite a few times renovating the basement and working in computer centers. Only thing that happens sometimes is that it twists to the side a little.

MX421

Enlightened
Just put the silicone headlamp holder that comes with the headlamp (18650 or otherwise) on the cap adjuster in the back and use a Zebralight (or other brand if you like) in it. Works better than the headband that comes with those things...There is a picture of whoever came up with the great idea in a Zebralight mod thread somewhere if you search. Also in that thread is the wearing a hweadlamp around your neck which is what i prefer.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite archer 2aa V3 and the FenixLd22 both work fine on a cap, so I don't see why a Zebralight sc600 or an Emisar D1 with a clip would be any heavier

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just put the silicone headlamp holder that comes with the headlamp (18650 or otherwise) on the cap adjuster in the back and use a Zebralight (or other brand if you like) in it. Works better than the headband that comes with those things...There is a picture of whoever came up with the great idea in a Zebralight mod thread somewhere if you search. Also in that thread is the wearing a hweadlamp around your neck which is what i prefer.

That is what I did in the warmer months with my Nitecore HC90. Now that I am wearing a winter cap, that is not a viable option.