2x 18650 thrower / lux comparison question

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings, am looking for some thoughts on a couple lights in particular, and on thoughts between 120k and 225k lux. I'm eyeing the Klarus xt30r and olight m3xs ut. I don't mind battery packs, which the Klarus seems to have, and i do like the ui based on what ive seen. The Klarus price would seem more logical, but is the extra cost of Olight worth the 125k+ added lux?

For some who would ask what application is, it would be for approx 300 yds, maybe 350, of which both lights technically light up. So the question based on that is would the extra lux make it that much brighter to my eyes at that distance?

All this said, im an Olight fan.. am also open to other batt options/larger format. But am interested in a broader hot spot than a more narrow one at distance. (I have the r50 for closer/flood needs) and the Klarus cost seems pretty good.

Lastly, i have an sr95, so given the specs on the Klarus, would i be getting basically same beam pattern?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight is behind the times. If you're looking for broad hot-spot high output throwers, you need to get either a sliced dome SST-40 from Vinh, or an XHP-35 HI light from Acebeam or Vinh.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Many thanks for the suggestions! Vinh definintely makes some cool stuff. I like both UI's of the Olight & Klarus. Any thoughts on the amount of light visible between 120K & 225K lux? I know thats 2x the lux, but at 300 yds, will it make a big difference you think?