Imalent        

Thread: QSL

Flashaholic

Default QSL

The QSL's were half off this weekend. For me, ever since this light was released no Android app = no sale, even at 50% off. Why on earth did the app never materialize?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: QSL

Quote Originally Posted by Swordforthelord View Post
    The QSL's were half off this weekend. For me, ever since this light was released no Android app = no sale, even at 50% off. Why on earth did the app never materialize?
    App-development can be a real pain. There were issues with previous BT-stacks, sourcing talent for development can be really hard, thereís a ton of different models out there, and so on.

Itís entirely possible that they went into this with the best of intentions, signed a developer that spent ages but in the end didnít deliver, then had problems finding someone else at a reasonable rate, and so on.

I have no problems understanding the ďno app, no saleĒ, but I also know app-development can be surprisingly difficult if youíre a purchaser with no previous experience. Some would argue itís a lot harder with Android than iPhone. Or maybe they just got lucky with whomever was doing the iPhone version, but not with Android-version.

I do think they overpromised and then didnít deliver. They said ďin a couple of monthsĒ, and now itís been a couple of years, so itís not like everything is okay. Still though, knowing how hard it can be to get these things done right, I hope most will cut them some slack if they donít repeat the mistake.

Really feel for any that ordered the light on the promise of an Android app though.

Note: I did order the QSL in the sale, but I have no prior experience with them, so not exactly a fanboy (certainly not yet anyway).