Lumintop ED20-T last mode memory question

jnathan

Newly Enlightened
Hi friends, I looked around to see if there was a thread that touched on this question but couldn't find one. Please forgive me if my searching abilities are truly that poor...

About a year ago I purchased one of the ED20Ts with 3400MaH 18650 from Amazon and managed to lose it about 9 months later. Recently I purchased another for the incredibly low price of $14.95 from Walmart's online store, but this second light seems to behave a little differently than the first... or at least I think it does.

If I turn the light on, select the lowest output mode, turn the light off and then use the momentary on feature: when I switch the light back on using the power switch, it comes on at the highest output mode. That is, the last mode memory ​doesn't seem to work under these circumstances.

If I turn the light on, select the lowest output mode, turn the light off and then use the strobe feature - after turning off the strobe: when I switch the light on using the power switch it, comes on at the lowest output mode. That is, the last mode memory seems to work under these circumstances.

I wrote to Lumintop, but I'm afraid that due to a mixture of language barriers and poorly explaining myself, I didn't get a clear answer from them.

I was hoping someone else with one of these lights could let me know whether their light operates as mine does.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Last edited:

Scourie

Enlightened
I don't have that particular flashlight, but the advertisements for it say that it has last mode memory except for strobe. Sometimes these lights need to run for a while before they store the memory.