Maglites With Alternate Company Logos ?

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
What's the story behind these Maglites on Amazon that have Fluke or 3M on them? Did Maglite make these for those companies and someone had excess stock they're now selling on Amazon? Googling "why do Maglites have Fluke logos" isn't resulting in anything that really explains it.

here (3M) and here (Fluke)

thanks,
Terry

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF terry. Good question.

I don't know if they were give aways when you bought this or that back when they were made or if sold outright in stores. But the Fluke version seems to have been made throughout much of the Maglite lineup a couple years back.
I am just now starting to see 3m versions showing up at the big A.

It may have been a colaboration between Maglite and company X (Fluke, 3M or whomever) to produce them for sale as some kind of store promotion at Home Depot, Menards, perhaps ACE hardware... that sort of thing.

One thing is certain from what I've seen. When they show up at the big A the seller doesn't have very many.

Maglite has done promo versions for years. Some of the very early Maglites had Cabellas around the bezel where the words Maglite etc goes. Some promos were even available in special order colors.
There is some Winston promo Solitaires out there and my favorite, the (defunct) Nike 66 skateboard shoe promo, where even the battery had a Nike swoop.
Racing versions, and all kinds of special edition Mags can be found at eBay.

They are the same in performance as general Maglites on the inside, just in a limited edition of the outside.

Check out the Rare Maglites thread in the collectors section sometime.

Last edited:

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guess originally for bundling in kits like this or selling through Fluke distributors:
http://www.fluke.com/fluke/tten/digital-multimeters/fluke-179-mag-kit.htm?pid=56037

Or possibly one of the other of the companies proposed the shared branding to mutually benefit from each company's reputation.

On a different vein, we have a bunch of Maglites at work with our company logo on them, but that's because we own a laser engraver, and somebody apparently felt like decorating.