What is the last music cassette you bought?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason this thought crossed my mind and as for me I honestly can't remember. I think it was probably before 1990 although I can't swear by that. I know for several years during the 90s I would record cds to cassette for listening in the car purposes until 1998 when I put a cd player in my car. I'm pretty sure my first purchased cd was Def Leppard's "Hysteria".

paulr

Flashaholic
I buy used cassettes at sidewalk sales and suchlike every now and then. They're usually pretty cheap there, so if I see something I want to listen to, why not. I don't remember buying any new cassetes recently though.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
whats a cassete?for that matter whats a cd? its all digital now wma, mpe aac atracand so on

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its kinda hard to say, but it might have been something by Robert Plant or Yes, probably at a used CD/LP store IIRC. I still bought used (sometimes new) cassettes for about 5 or 10 for a dollar up until a year or two ago. Until 6-8 months ago we had cassette players in two of our three cars, but they all have CD players now, and two of those are CD/MP3 players. Those two do have aux input jacks though, so I can still jack a portable cassette player in for books on tape for trips.

-Keith

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The last CASSETTE that I bought...hmmm...I honestly don't remember what it was. Might have been a Metallica tape. "The $5.98 EP - Garage Days Re-Revisited" if I remember correctly. Or it could have been Anthrax "Spreading The Disease" that I found on ebay for a buck or two. And I'm guessing that was about a year ago.

Somewhere around here, I have a CD walkman, and I have the CD-ROM drive in my computer that I usually play CDs in.
For those few that don't play in my computer, I have a ghetto blaster with a CD player in it, and a "home stereo" with a 3-tray CD player in it. So I've been buying CDs as of late, not tapes.

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
Heh, I think my favorite song on Garage Days was "Green Death". (wouldn't put some of those lyrics on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif )

I can only remember my last tape purchase due to odd circumstances: After seeing a trio perform at a Ren-Fest, they were out of cd's so I settled for a tape. Another thing about it I remember is that after their show they were "attacked" by a bunch of butterflies. (They said it wasn't part of the show and by their reactions it seemed sincere.)

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
In 1994, I bought a Hendrix cassette. I think it was "Are you Experienced" or something like that. I've made lots of tapes for the car, but that was the last one I've purchased.

stockwiz

Enlightened
I haven't bought a CD in quite some time either. Most of the stuff I like is already out, and when new stuff does come out I like, I download it and it goes right into my MP3 player instantly.. but I don't have a very large MP3 collection of ripped stuff.. most is from stuff I previously bought and just converted to high quality 320k MP3 files... actually I download mostly music videos.. I have some 350 videos from Def Leppard to Metallica, Guns N Roses, Creed, Staind, Nickelback, etc...

I honestly couldn't tell you when I last bought a cassette of a band.. I would have been too young to remember if I did... I bought some blank casettes as late as perhaps 1996-7 to copy CDs with but haven't touched one since perhaps 1999.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Wow! It would have been about 1986 for me buying my last record label cassette. I recorded custom cassettes for years after to listen to in the car. It could have been Yes' 90125 or some Led Zep. I can't remember something like that from nearly 2 decades ago.

I do remember I bought some old 8-tracks at a rummage sale around 1991 when I owned a 1975 Cadillac that still had a factory stock 8-track player in it. I believe there was Van Halen's Women and Children First and Foghat Live among some other classic rock stuff in the box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif They were all chucked in the trash when the Cadillac was towed to the junkyard years later.

I have since encoded every vinyl album, 45 single, cassette, and CD I own into mp3. I have a dedicated component stereo mp3 player for my sound system that I bought online 3 or 4 years ago. It almost holds all of my music collection on it's 20GB hard disk.