SC600w Mk IV Plus 18650 XHP50.2 Neutral White Flashlight

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
I have the SC600w Mklll Hi now and am thinking about the new SC600w MK IV Plus with the XHP50.2 Emitter. My question is with the XHP50.2 emmiter what do you think the run times max on high could be! I assume this emitter is more efficient than the XHP35 but we are still using the same 18650 3500 mah 10 watt batteries so what is your guess that the max run time could be with this emitter pumping out 2300 lumens on HI 1. I am ready to pull the trigger but just want some opinions from those in the know about possible run times before I pre order.

oeL

Newly Enlightened
I have the SC600w Mklll Hi now and am thinking about the new SC600w MK IV Plus with the XHP50.2 Emitter.

Keep in mind that the XPH50.2 is lumen optimized, so you will get a much wider and less intense beam - it will throw much less far. XPH35 HI is throw optimized. If you're happy with the beam character of the MKIII HI, maybe it's worth to think about the SC600w Mk IV HI as an upgrade.

Due to the PID regulation of output based on temperature, runtime and brightness heavily depends on the weather (temperature and wind).

You have seen the possibility to configure the PID for a higher temperature?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind that the XPH50.2 is lumen optimized, so you will get a much wider and less intense beam - it will throw much less far. XPH35 HI is throw optimized. If you're happy with the beam character of the MKIII HI, maybe it's worth to think about the SC600w Mk IV HI as an upgrade.

Due to the PID regulation of output based on temperature, runtime and brightness heavily depends on the weather (temperature and wind).

You have seen the possibility to configure the PID for a higher temperature?

The new Plus XHP50.2 is has over 2 times the output though so, I think "throw much less" might be a bit of an overstatement. Although the HI will likely throw further due to its smaller die and lack of dome, the Plus will make up some of that distance through brute force with its much higher output. The beam shapes will of coarse be very different though and the hotspot will undoubtedly be much larger on the Plus.