Inforce TFX

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just discovered a new light to myself, but cannot find any reviews on it:

... hotlinked image of Inforce TFX removed ...

Any ideas what might it be? How good or bad is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Interesting light.

Some sort of poly based body perhaps? With vents up front... looks like a novel approach to an old problem. Will certainly watch for this one.

Edit: did some researching;
It looks like this one hasn't made its way to cop stores yet.
At least the ones near me anyway.
I'll say this about inforce products and really don't mean to sound like a smarty-pants... really.
Inforce products are largely unheralded by the masses because the folks that use them do it largely in secret. So you won't see a bunch of reviews. Not many special ops dudes are going to go to cop forums and brag about the flashlight that helped them bust up a gun running operation.

(Edit: this paragraph speaks of Insight lights, and references to Inforce are incorrect)
But I'll also say this... if you have the priveledge of see-ing photographs of special ops dudes doing their thing across the globe you will see more inforce lights (insert Insight here, not Inforce) attached to their weapons than Streamlight and SureFire combined. Inforce has gotten numerous contracts that used to go to others.
(Note correction at the outset of this paragraph)

Inforce are owned by the folks that used to own Inova lights. Emissive Energy.
I did not know they were building hand held stuff until see-ing this thread.
It looks like this one is the next generation of their previous light that began as 9v, but this one is a brighter 6v light with better grip and a better switch. 700 high, 60 low and available strobe. Price should be well under $200, perhaps closer to $100 than 200. Much lighter and smaller than their 9v model that runs about $125 (if you can find one). This one looks like it was made for glove'd hand carry with its max grip texture.

Thanks for bringing this up Vadimax.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not to be confused with "Insight" brand...
The Inforce brand is largely unknown but it seems the name is catching on all over the place in the world of law enforcement and firearm hobbyists. A Rhode Island company who we will probably see more of as time passes.
That vent at the front is an Inforce patented idea previously used in their pistol lights and early hand helds by them.

My previous post mistakenly referenced the Inforce brand where it should have said Insight brand who have moved into other areas of technology. No affiliation between the two. Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to be about $80. As a big INOVA fan ( I have quite a few from the Emissive Energy days )the Inforce lights lights pique my interest. The venting looks to be a hold over from the INOVA Radiant design and has been incorporated into the Inforce line up. There has never been much interest in the Inforce lights here on CPF even though it seems to have some unique characteristics. It seems the modes are accessed through the tail switch,not my favorite especially in this type of light, but I haven't seen the specifics yet. Would like to get the TFX anyway as well as the older 6VX Tactical but no funds right now. :broke: Maybe I can work them into next years purchases. So many lights so little money.....:sigh:

Last edited:

Scourie

Enlightened
Was tempted to buy the Inova Inforce colour model when they came out. Specs were middling from memory, 200 lumens plus 4 separate colour leds around the edge. Couldn't find one for a sensible price in this part of the world so moved on.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the follow up to their first release. Hopefully it is imoroved A LOT. Their first few released lights were absolutely terrible. A few people on this forum said that the newer pistol light is a huge improvement over the original, let's hope that's the case. The first few lights had a high failure rate from what I've seen and heard.

free2game

Newly Enlightened
This is the follow up to their first release. Hopefully it is imoroved A LOT. Their first few released lights were absolutely terrible. A few people on this forum said that the newer pistol light is a huge improvement over the original, let's hope that's the case. The first few lights had a high failure rate from what I've seen and heard.
Looking on Arfcom threads about the new compact light it looks like their shoddy QC is still present, some people saying their light flickers under recoil, some say it doesn't at all.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Inforce handhelds were the most unreliable lights I've ever owned. I think I sent back the same one five or six times, as they just stopped working. Won't trust them, especially in a pistol mounted light platform.