ARC LS mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil_B

Enlightened
Bloody hell! it worked! If anyone less of a numpty than me wants to bunch them up,feel free.
The light started life as a LSH-S (no. 123),modded by "the Fire",to have a Lux III at 667ma. The Kroll spring Hi/Lo from "gadget lover" is fitted giving it more practicality.
I put a Fraen LP optic in,at the same time installing 3 small GTLS tubes around the LED.These are only 2mm by 12mm but were still snug to fit.
I made the rest myself in the workshop. I love it,can't see me parting with it,but Charlie might say different when my VIP turns up!
This is my workaday EDC,never without it.Any questions,feel free to ask.
BIG thankyou to "JPEG" for his help :)
Phil.

W4DIZ

Enlightened
I like the krollguard with the clip.Nice Job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Are you going to make any of the guards for sale?

jpeg

Enlightened
Definitely a cool light Phil.
I'm glad to be able to help.

I'm great with the digital world, but I freak out when it comes to automotive maintenence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

How in the world did you attach the krollguard to the body?
Can you send a daylight zoomed in shot of the reflector/glowtube assembly?
I will of course do the hosting.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thx,
-J

jtice

Flashaholic
nICE WORK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I am also very curious as to how you attached the guard.
Is the kroll itself holding it on?

Or did you mod the battery pack itself?

Phil_B

Enlightened
Jtice,the kroll holds the protector on. It was a difficult turning job as I wanted to maintain the seal too. The base of the "cup" has a small shoulder that sits inside the normal Kroll housing,the seal passes through it all and touches the body. It works and seems pretty strong,although I'd rather have it screwed on with steel.
I wanted to protect the switch,give a candle mode,and the clip was an after thought.
Jpeg,I'd rather not strip it again to photo it untill I have to for some reason.I want to fit a glass lens sometime(does anyone know the size and where to get them?).
The tubes mount at 120 degrees (3 of 'em) and sit in an open cell white foam.It's not too fancy but it works and I have no heat problems yet. Just normal use and that is mainly on the low power anyway.
When you're dark adapted the output is wacky,I can get round the house in total dark (cats pending). These have a half life of 10 years(not the cats) :-D
HTH,Phil.

jpeg

Enlightened
No problem... I am still interested in how you set up the markers, so PM me when you do get around to switching lenses...

I understand that www.flashlightlens.com is going to carry LSH lenses very soon...
I bet he'd be happy to get a pre-order..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you do cat mods? "BEAMSHOTS!!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow phil that looks cool. Nice clip too! Looking forward to a close up of the nuclear assembly some time.

Phil_B

Enlightened
Thanks for the web address for the glass front lense.
Sigurd,if you want some GTLS to fit yourself,get in touch with a PM or mail me. I can get from a UK supplier at £3.50 each,and then I'll mail on to you.
I think they're illegal in the US??

Raindrop

Enlightened
That is a really nice job. IF you decide to sell these I would like to buy a "couple" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

krollguard.jpg

coolClip.jpg

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Phil_B said:
I think they're illegal in the US??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, can't be. They're commonly found in wristwatches sold on County Comm.
Just Tritium (H3) gas in a LASER-sealed glass tube.

Cheers.

jpeg

Enlightened
The law is (as was explained to me by Frank at CountyComm,) limited to the amount of H3 you have on you. I believe the tubes used in this light are still small enough to be legal. I've heard that the keychain versions are over the limit. That said, I'm not sure how enforcable the law is. People have been importing the keychains into the country at a steady stream for years, and I've never heard of anyone getting prosicuted for carrying one... I believe it IS illegal to sell them overseas though Phil, so you might want to look into what your getting into before sending anything over... theledmuseum uh I mean, telephony has contact info on his site for a lawyer who seems to know the details.

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put three vials in my LS like you did, Phil. Also exchanged the lens with a UCL from flashilightlens. Very cool. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.