Favorite Flashlights

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are your favorite brand of flashlights:
Please choose Two: Any two
Mine are Elektrolumens and surefire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
Opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone has one. It is my opinion that Streamlight gives you more bang for your buck than any make of flashlight. My favorite Streamlight is my TL-3. However, my most used flashlight is a Pelican L1 that I wear on a lanyard around my neck. I even sleep with it. The only time I take it off is to shower. My vote: Streamlight then Pelican. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
what ever mr bulk makes and dorcy cant beat dorcy in bang for buck area

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to go in phases. For a while it was MagLite and Arc. Right now it's CMG and Princeton Tec. I wonder what it'll be next....

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to go with Streamlight and Pelican.

Both offer lots of bang for the buck.

The Streamlight Luxeon 3AA that I have has a very good bright white beam (with slight rings and blotches that keep it from being an excellent beam), and feels well made at a price of $35. Great house light.

My Pelican M6 LED has the best beam I've ever seen in a Luxeon
LED (pure white, no obvious imperfections), and can be bought for only $60. Great house light, great carry light, simply a great all-round light.

But with that said, if I could chose three companies Arc would be #3. They work very well, but I'm usually not a fan of super small flashlights--they don't feel as good in my hand as a light with more to grab onto. As an EDC light, its hard to beat Arc though.

Elektrolumens gets an honorable mention for producing high quality lights at good prices that use easy to find batteries. My 1 watt blaster does have a greenish tinted beam though. My three watt Hyper-blaster has a whiter beam, but no where near the level of beam quality as the Pelican M6 LED.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, Streamlight has to be one...almost all of them are notable...the TT 2L...great bang for the buck. As said...the PM6 LED...bright white smooth beam...my favorite light right now. Both these are 123 batt lights...and I don`t like that much, but. I don`t know about the rest of the Pelican line.

So...my favorite manufacture...I guess Streamlights ability to come up with great bang for the buck lights for the masses wins my vote. But I do love Arcs willingness to unclude CPF feedback in it`s designs.

Ken

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Badbeams said:
Both these are 123 batt lights...and I don`t like that much, but. I don`t know about the rest of the Pelican line.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

The 123 batteries only weaknesses IMO are cost and availability.

If they get cost down to the point where physical stores sell them as low as Surefire, those batteries will be winners IMO.

IMO, advantages of the 123s:

Smaller size (makes for smaller yet powerful lights), very powerful, long shelf life.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
If you speak about manufacturer, for me it's ArcFlashlight and Surefire.
But I Like very much the McLux (its' not possible !)and the Mr Bulk one, without forgetting the McGizmo's Mods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire and Streamlight, but ARC makes very nice lights too. Possibly the only reason ARC isn't higher on my list is the fact I only have AAA and AA Arcs, none of the "big guns."

-Mike

StuU

Enlightened
Surefire and Streamlight.
However, when EDC carryability is the most prime factor, the two choices would be Surefire(E2e) and ARC.

The Surefire E2e is absolutely incredible. The ARC LS and ARC AAA still continue to amaze me as I appreciate them more and more over time.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elektrolumens
Arc

I like Elektrolumens since he makes very bright lights that run on batteries that are obtainable world-wide. My Anglelux is my family's most used flashlight

Arc because they make excellent quality lights, they participate in the CPF and the best keychain lights have their name on them. Lost a point or two due to lack of a Luxeon III or the Arc4 without the 2AA tailpack.