KX1

Tribull

Enlightened
Hi, if I were to put a KX1 Surefire head on my Malkoff 2XAA body would it work. It's a dual output 45/3 lumens. Thanks

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That head was designed for the one cell surefire so 3volts. 2xAA is 3 volts. I may be wrong but think it should work

Jose Marin

Enlightened
It should act the same as if it was running on a cr123 as long as you use 2x alkaline or 2x nimh. Id becareful using 2xL91 lithiums because youll be 3.4v which is a tad higher than a cr123 and definitely dont use 2x14500 lithium ion rechargeables which would be 8.4v
The head doesnt care what battery it is using as long as it's within its operating voltage range.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Yes it will work on whatever flashlight body that fits that head and is with in the operating voltage range

Tribull

Enlightened
So I received my KX1 head yesterday and slapped it on my Malkoff 2XAA body, and the beam visibility pulses on low and is fine on high. Any idea why?

Up All Night

Enlightened
Damage is unlikely. Some of the 3 volt SureFire heads are voltage sensitive and it shows on low with "flicker". You could run the light on high to scrub off voltage until the low mode runs as spec.
These heads will do the same "flicker" on low using the K2 LFP123A batteries that SureFire used to sell.
NiMh batteries would be the best option IMO.