Olight Repair

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone on here know how to fix an Olight M3X Triton? I have tried for weeks to get a hold of Olight customer service with no luck. Does anyone on here have any experience fixing them? My light has always been extremely touchy as far as how tight the cap has to be screwed on. Too loose or tight and it won't work. You have to be in just the right spot. The last time I took the batteries out to charge them and re-installed them, I can no longer get it to turn on. Any ideas? Anyone interested in fixing it? Anyone know who to contact? I've tried contacting the Georgia location both through e-mail and telephone. Emails do not get returned and the phone number is just a voice recording telling you to go to the e-mail address.

I love my flashlight, but it doesn't work at this point. Any help/advice is extremely appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
I had a great experience with Olight Support, they repaired my S1A which suddenly stopped working

try to contact them at this email address

[email protected]

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
I had a great experience with Olight Support, they repaired my S1A which suddenly stopped working

try to contact them at this email address

[email protected]

Everyone keeps saying they have not had the problems I'm running into. I've tried several different e-mail addresses. I appreciate the info, but so far it hasn't worked for me. I will e-mail it again though. It can't hurt at this point.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone keeps saying they have not had the problems I'm running into. I've tried several different e-mail addresses. I appreciate the info, but so far it hasn't worked for me. I will e-mail it again though. It can't hurt at this point.
Are you sure their replies are not going to your junk email folder?

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure their replies are not going to your junk email folder?

Yeah, I've been checking all of my folders just in case that was the issue. I was honestly looking to buy some Olights for family members for the holidays since they are always asking about mine, but this has kind of soured me from that thought. I'd hate to give a gift, have something go wrong, then not have them be able to get it taken care of.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've been checking all of my folders just in case that was the issue. I was honestly looking to buy some Olights for family members for the holidays since they are always asking about mine, but this has kind of soured me from that thought. I'd hate to give a gift, have something go wrong, then not have them be able to get it taken care of.
Try going on Olightstore's area in the manufactures section and tell them about the situation. I am sure they will be happy to help you. They are in direct contact with head office I am sure.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious if you have tried cleaning the threads on both the tube and the cap? I'm not saying it's the only possible problem or that it would even solve your problem, for all I know there might be something going on with the plunger...might even want to clean that up too. A can of electronic contacts cleaner is under five dollars at Walmart.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olights US store is in GA.

Service support: [email protected]
2150 NW Pkwy SE
Ste. M
Marietta, GA 30067
770-779-7156
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST Mon-Fri

As for your problem, my first thought would be that the tail cap retaining ring isn't the right tightness. The Olight has a unique design with the post, though, so I'm not sure how to adjust or check that.

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
Olights US store is in GA.

Service support: [email protected]
2150 NW Pkwy SE
Ste. M
Marietta, GA 30067
770-779-7156
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST Mon-Fri

As I said in the original post, I've already tried the above information. First thing I did, and it has been tried multiple times.

As for posting on the manufacturers' page, that's a great idea. Maybe that'll work? It's worth a try!

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I said in the original post, I've already tried the above information. First thing I did, and it has been tried multiple times.

As for posting on the manufacturers' page, that's a great idea. Maybe that'll work? It's worth a try!
Just wanted to make sure you had the right info since it wasn't posted.

Going Gear is affiliated with them as well... you can try reaching out to/through them if the rest isn't working.

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to make sure you had the right info since it wasn't posted.

Going Gear is affiliated with them as well... you can try reaching out to/through them if the rest isn't working.

I've actually called Going Gear. The man I spoke to there was very helpful but, unfortunately, he told me Going Gear no longer fixes the lights.

Olightworld

Enlightened
We have recently changed our phone number and email addresses for US support so there may have been some issues with wrong emails etc. If you send us an email to [email protected] we will have you send it in. Repair turnaround for the US is 1 week so it's a good route to go since nothing has worked yet.

Does anyone on here know how to fix an Olight M3X Triton? I have tried for weeks to get a hold of Olight customer service with no luck. Does anyone on here have any experience fixing them? My light has always been extremely touchy as far as how tight the cap has to be screwed on. Too loose or tight and it won't work. You have to be in just the right spot. The last time I took the batteries out to charge them and re-installed them, I can no longer get it to turn on. Any ideas? Anyone interested in fixing it? Anyone know who to contact? I've tried contacting the Georgia location both through e-mail and telephone. Emails do not get returned and the phone number is just a voice recording telling you to go to the e-mail address.

I love my flashlight, but it doesn't work at this point. Any help/advice is extremely appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
We have recently changed our phone number and email addresses for US support so there may have been some issues with wrong emails etc. If you send us an email to [email protected] we will have you send it in. Repair turnaround for the US is 1 week so it's a good route to go since nothing has worked yet.

I have actually sent an e-mail to this address already describing my issue, but I will do so again. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me on this forum. Hopefully I can get my light going again! Thank you!

It will be difficult. I understand you, because I recently broke down and looked for ways to solve this problem, and in the end I read a billion reviews and forums, I realized that the best way to do this is with Neiko Torque Wrenches. I, when repaired this thing, bought it on the website ... spam link removed ... and did not regret it, it made my task as easy as possible and after that I almost repaired myself. You should buy Neiko Torque Wrenches, if you want to repair the Olight M3X Triton, this is my advice and I promise you will not regret it

Last edited by a moderator: