CMG Ultra-G offered at County Comm the same as

Cyberkinetic

Newly Enlightened
CMG Infinity Ultra?

Cos I understand that there's a Infinity and a Infinity Ultra(which is twice as bright)... dun wanna get the wrong one...

Can anyone verify? Thanks.

Kram

Newly Enlightened
The Ultra-G is the same model as the CMG Infinity Ultra. The differences I've heard talked about include:
1. The LEDs used in the Ultra-G are specially screened for brightness and color. I don't think anyone has yet documented a significant difference in brightness as compared to the Ultra.
2. The Ultra-G has an extra hard anodizing layer.
3. The Ultra-G does not come with a pocket clip.

It's a great light!

Mark

LightScene

Enlightened
The name "CMG Ultra-G" kind of answers your question. I mean it wouldn't say Ultra, if it wasn't an Ultra, right?
The "-G" means it's Government issue.

Cyberkinetic

Newly Enlightened
now i'm embarressed... i guess i kindda "knew" it all along.. but just wanted a confirmation... but darn.. just tried ordering but found they shipped only in US.. argghh....

paulr

Flashaholic
Ultra-G has a harder finish than the regular Ultra, but the packaging is different. Ultra comes in a nice retail package with a lanyard and a pocket clip. Ultra-G comes in a little baggie with no other packaging, no lanyard, no clip. Ultra-G also has "U. S. Government, NSN 234-234-2345" (or some other such ID number) engraved on it, which is cool in some ways I guess. I've heard that claim about the "selected" LED but I'm very skeptical that there's any difference in practice.

I like the regular Ultra a little better if the light is a present for someone else. The packaging is nicer and the clip and lanyard are useful. The Ultra-G's finish is more durable if you're going to bang the light around a lot, though.

Cyberkinetic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Hoghead...

Think I'll be getting the Ultra-G as it's cheaper than the usual and for my rough use, the harder coating will come in handy.

Cheers...

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened
hey cyber, how will you be getting the Ultra-Gs ? since county comm doesnt ship overseas ?? i might be intrested too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mic

Newly Enlightened
I tried emailing frank at county comm but at the moment it's a no go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
Anyone know where else to try for a Ultra-G which ships oversea

Mic

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
As many have done already, Keith, I want to thank you for providing this service to CPF. This is an honest, friendly, truly helpful community I am proud to be associated with.

(My Ultra-G arrives tomorrow, yeehaa!)

daloosh

Mic

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Keith for offering this service. That's indeed a great example of the good CPF spirit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I'll send you a Email /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif