Dust between lens protector and lens´?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dust between those two surfaces is entirely possible. The environment is hardly, "clean room" spec. We use special floors, humidifiers, anti-static dips and 1000cfm of hepa filtration. But hardly clean room spec.

Fortunately, we don't do what he suggests, "spend a second or two wiping the lens". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess it is a good sign when people can't find anything technically wrong with a light and must resort to cosmetics and economic theory. It is clear my whole focus is just plain off for his type of market.

Btw, the "40% variation" he claims to see between units is hardly scientific and the reader should beware. These results are from several different tests, done using different methods with different meters. Premiums should vary only by plus or minus 10+. Horrible I know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What constitutes, "fancy"? Cheap type II anodize and superfluous machining? If so, I don't want it.

Finally, lux values are barely an indication of total output. Lumens are a much more accurate means of measurement. But I don't want to insult anyone by stating the obvious.

Speaking of cosmetics, his website looks nice.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.