Happy Veterans Day!!!

GRAY LITNIN

Newly Enlightened
To all those who fight for our lives, rights and freedoms!!!
I can't thank you enough!
If it werent for you this world would be governed by the tyrants and the anti's would ban half my edc!!!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had the honor of thanking a vet today.

At my work this ordinary looking fellow (ie, facial hair casual attire and general civilian looking chap) and I struck up a conversation about our jobs and what not and he causally mentioned "when I was over in Iraq".. I snapped back, saluted then said happy veterans day... he said thanks and the conversation about our jobs continued...
Later I asked would he do it again. He said "certainly"...

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so grateful for all who served to protect our freedoms and way of life. I read an article today that made the point that for all soldiers who serve, that upon return from combat their lives are never the same. Some(most in my experience), almost never talk about it. Others may talk, but it is obvious that many times it brings back strong emotions. A few talk and have no problem discussing anything. I have been blessed to count two Navy Seals among my friends and the stories they would tell were amazing. I try to be sensitive whenever a veteran shares his story. There seems to always be a mention of how strong the brotherly bond of serving together is, and far too often each story includes a remembrance of brothers lost. I have had friends who served in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq & Afghanistan and although the time periods, weaponry and rules of engagement change, the stories are remarkably similar. Thank you to all who serve and who have served, my flag flies in your honor, and I will always respect and admire you for your service.

Latest posts