What Is The Smallest 18650 LED Flashlight Currently?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
As posted above, who makes the smallest 18650 LED flashlight currently?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
By weight I'll bet it's a Zebralight, the bodies are really thin, and the alloy is really tough, the H600 models weigh slightly less than the battery.
If performance isn't a concern then even someone like me could make one much lighter, an led pre flowed onto a copper slug, a little plastic dome to protect it, a threaded plastic battery tube and some copper foil tape to complete the circuit... a resistor to keep the led from getting very hot or bright...
Probably possible to make a light that's a small fraction of the battery weight. Actually I have been wanting to make some spare battery holders like this, really low performance, 5-20mA discharge, just for keeping batteries clean and isolated, while serving as spare light sources without the weight... battery caddy/electric candle.
For high performance, quality, and light weight I doubt there's any better than ZL,
If so I definitely want to know about them.

ven

Flashaholic
Same here, my smallest 18650 lights are zebralights....................they are awesome!Even more compact than some 16340 lights...............
fhv28lSl.jpg

vqONqjdl.jpg

All 18650 lights
L80WHYwl.jpg

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most versatile is the Zebralight sc63/64 for the size. DQG UI does not compete with the superior UI of the Zebralight. For a few centimeters I think it is worth it.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most versatile is the Zebralight sc63/64 for the size. DQG UI does not compete with the superior UI of the Zebralight. For a few centimeters I think it is worth it.

Is the orientation of the Zebralight SC63/64 clip correct for a cap?

MX421

Enlightened
It is if you want to illuminate the logo on the cap... :)

Seriously, no the clip isn't reversible.

However, i use an armytek clip on my H602w that fits it fine and i think its the same diameter as my SC63w. You might be able to take the stock clip off and put one of those on. Obviously, it'd be bezel up carry though.

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened
Would that be suitable as a cap light? Is looks like the the clip is reversible for that.

Looks like the clip is reversible indeed. That said I'd recommend a Zebralight like everyone else. I do not own a DQG Tiny, I mentioned it simply because it's the shortest. The clip isn't reversible on the SC63/64 but you can do it on SC600 MKIII/IV.

Agpp

Enlightened

Most versatile is the Emisar for the size. Zebralight UI does not compete with the superior UI of the Emisar. For a few centimeters I think it is worth it.
That said, I love the Zebra hardware. Too bad that firmware can't be reasonably changed.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most versatile is the Emisar for the size. Zebralight UI does not compete with the superior UI of the Emisar. For a few centimeters I think it is worth it.
That said, I love the Zebra hardware. Too bad that firmware can't be reasonably changed.

That's pretty subjective really. Personally, I will take set levels, with more shortcuts, and known runtimes over the Emisar's ramping UI any day.

Have you tried ZL's new fully programmable UI? You can set it up any way you like pretty much(aside from infinitely ramping if that's your thing). And, you don't have to buy a bunch of hardware and disassemble the light every time you want to make a change like the D4.

Last edited:

Agpp

Enlightened
That's pretty subjective really. Personally, I will take set levels, with more shortcuts, and known runtimes over the Emisar's ramping UI any day.

Have you tried ZL's new fully programmable UI? You can set it up any way you like pretty much(aside from infinitely ramping if that's your thing). And, you don't have to buy a bunch of hardware and disassemble the light every time you want to make a change like the D4.
Yes, that's certainly personal. But I love the ability to make tiny adjustments back and forth, easily setting the output to be exactly what I want. My first light was QTC based and this worked great. So it does with D4, though moonlight is too bright, It doesn't work so well with BLF Q8 because you can't go lower without ramping all the way up to turbo or starting from scratch. I have not tried the latest Zebra UI, but I was dissatisfied with the UI of every mode-based light that I used.

Keitho

Enlightened
I'll add love for ZL, and can't imagine a smaller 18650 light than the SC63/4 with that kind of power. To me, the size difference from the D4 means I grab the ZL much more often.

I'm looking forward to the programmable UI, especially the ability to quickly make it a "single mode" light when I lend it out to non-flashaholic friends. The Emisar UI is awesome for me, but still has a very small amount of room for improvement.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
My new BOSS 70 is not the smallest (4.6" long and 1" diameter) but a wonderful mix of compact size and capabilities. 🙃

Budman231

Enlightened
+1 for ZL.. I purchased an SC600w mk III. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and I am glad I bought it. Two downsides to the ZL in my opinion are : 1. The belt clip is not good. It works but is thin spring steel type but only goes around the light about 60%. This causes it to easily pop off the light when moderate pressure is put on it. I hate losing lights so wish the clip attachment was a solid ring that gets sandwiched on by the tail cap. 2 (Like HDS lights). The battery on my model CANNOT be longer than 66mm. This limits it to unprotected cells only. I wish I could use the many protected cells I have, but no-go on that.

Other than those couple gripes, the light is Incredible.

Bud