The LEDXtremes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got my Predator and Striker. It sure takes them a while to ship them, but at least they got to me in good condition. Since these lights seem rare and very few CPF'ers seem to have them, I thought I'd give me opinion......

The packaging that both models comes in makes a wild claim: "100 lumens" of light. Folks, this is unadultered horse poop. There is no way these lights are anywhere near that number. Judging them against my Pelican M6 (which is rated at 41 lumens), I'd say the LEDXtremes are only slightly brighter...I'll estimate they are between 50-60 lumens. The Predator being a little more brighter than the Striker.

Anyway, but how do the lights actually appear quality wise? Fit and finish is excellent--IMO BETTER than the Pelican M6 LED. The lights feel SOLID and the parts mate very well together.

Beam quality: good to very good. These lights seem to emphasize throw, but even so they do give off a reasonable amount of sidespill. The beam is very white (I'm guessing they screen their luxeons), but there are slight hints of rings in the beam. The beam quality of the LEDXtremes are lower than the Pelican M6 LED.

Size:brightness ratio: good, but not great. The head of the lights are somewhat wide, but its a short light. The aluminum is very thick, and both are built like tanks. But, in its size range they put out good brightness.

The switch: I don't like the switches. You push button the rear for momentary operation (I like), but you have to twist the rear cap to turn it on constant mode. There are no marks on the light that say which way to twist it or how far, plus the feel of the twist is imprecise.

Overall: very impressed with the quality of the LEDXtreme predator and Striker. The exagerated claims of the manufacture, switch, and slightly ringy beam are the only drawbacks. I'd say overall both models are worth their price, but neither stands out as a "great" buy.

Just IMO, YMMV

90/100 (very good to excellent light)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have a review of the PREDATOR right here if you're interested. I found it to be a good flashlight too, although perhaps a bit on the heavy side for its size. It was a loaner though, and I no longer have it. So please don't ask for comparisons, as I cannot do them.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Telephony said:
I have a review of the PREDATOR right here if you're interested. I found it to be a good flashlight too, although perhaps a bit on the heavy side for its size. It was a loaner though, and I no longer have it. So please don't ask for comparisons, as I cannot do them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your great review is what made me confident enough to buy it. I don't think I've actually read other members who own this light...

I figured the Striker was just as good quality since it was the same maker and your review said good thinks about the Predator, so I ordered that one too.

Keep up the great reviews, Telephony. I really like your site.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both these lights claim to be regulated...could be a big plus over the PM6 over run time.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Badbeams said:
Both these lights claim to be regulated...could be a big plus over the PM6 over run time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think LedXtremes are only semi-regulated. If you look at the chart posted on flashlightreviews.com, it is not a constant level of brigtness, it slowly drops until the 2:15 mark, and then crashes to heck.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
Your great review is what made me confident enough to buy it. I don't think I've actually read other members who own this light...

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much for the vote of confidence here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Quickbeam (Doug P.) owns this flashlight, and loaned it to me for review purposes.
His page about the PREDATOR is right here if you're interested.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Telephony said:
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much for the vote of confidence here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Quickbeam (Doug P.) owns this flashlight, and loaned it to me for review purposes.
His page about the PREDATOR is right here if you're interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Quickbeam's great site a lot too, and read all his reviews. Both of you gentlemen have very helpful and top quality review sites.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only regular member to have a LedXtreme Predator and Striker? I know the reviewers have a Predator. But, I don't recall any other regular member that has this model.

Latest posts