My outdated minds on Surefire P2X Fury

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
It had a looong way home — 57 days. There was a moment when I was accepting an idea that I have lost it in transit... Have filed a parcel search at USPS. And then — a miracle! :ohgeez:

Ok. Overall design — check. Beam profile — check. UI — check (somehow I like simple interfaces), low mode coming first — fine. LED centering — perfect (saw too many images of Surefires with off centered LEDs). Works perfectly with a 16650 cell. When the battery is fully charged cannot even notice any reduction in output power.

Now several points that do not spoil the overall usability, but rise questions, having in mind the price of the light:

1. The body and the tail cap blacks are a bit different;
2. The body and the tail cap checkering is different (tail cap "diamonds" are 1.5 times larger);
3. The tint is definitely on a cool white side (right in between of Olight R40 [CW] and Lumintop TD16 HI [CW]).

The 1 and 2 points force me to think that tail cap production is outsourced to someone.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
It had a looong way home — 57 days. There was a moment when I was accepting an idea that I have lost it in transit... Have filed a parcel search at USPS. And then — a miracle! :ohgeez:

Ok. Overall design — check. Beam profile — check. UI — check (somehow I like simple interfaces), low mode coming first — fine. LED centering — perfect (saw too many images of Surefires with off centered LEDs). Works perfectly with a 16650 cell. When the battery is fully charged cannot even notice any reduction in output power.

Now several points that do not spoil the overall usability, but rise questions, having in mind the price of the light:

1. The body and the tail cap blacks are a bit different;
2. The body and the tail cap checkering is different (tail cap "diamonds" are 1.5 times larger);
3. The tint is definitely on a cool white side (right in between of Olight R40 [CW] and Lumintop TD16 HI [CW]).

The 1 and 2 points force me to think that tail cap production is outsourced to someone.

Fifty seven days! I've heard of the challenges involved in getting these devices to Europe. The last thing you need is a USPS failure. All is well that ends well, I suppose. I do hope you like the light enough to justify the experience.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fifty seven days! I've heard of the challenges involved in getting these devices to Europe. The last thing you need is a USPS failure. All is well that ends well, I suppose. I do hope you like the light enough to justify the experience.

Yes, I do enjoy it now in my EDC. Very comfortable universal beam profile.

Latest posts