DQG 4th Tiny 18650 As A Cap Light

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been thinking lately about getting a DQG 4th Tiny 18650 and using it as a cap light. It looks like it is one of the smallest single 18650 light currently. Does anybody here happen to be using it in that fashion? Also, it looks like the clip is reversible and of the type that would stay put on a brim of a baseball cap. I currently have a Fenix RC09 that I use this way. The Fenix webpage shows that the RC09 is 150 lumens on high. The DQG appears to be 300 lumens on high. Would the jump from 150 to 300 lumens be noticeable while hiking in the woods or horseback riding at night?

With regards to the weight. The Fenix RC09 is 1.6 oz. (45g) excluding battery. The DQG is 1.3 ounces. I am sure that a typical 18650 battery weighs more than the Fenix 16340 battery. It looks like the Fenix ARB-L16-700 16340 Battery is 0.6 ounces. I suspect that most 18650 batteries are a bit heavier.

Anyway, for those familiar with the DQG 4th Tiny 18650, would this be worthwhile? Are there any other very small 18650 lights that are more than 300 lumens with, obviously, a shorter run time?

Nev

Banned
Probly not what you're looking for but the lumintop AA tool is good for a cap light ,it's 550 lumens on high , 98lumens on medium , on high it runs for 45 minutes with a lithium 14500.
With a AA it's high mode is 150 & runs for 1.1 hours.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's worthwhile. I just removed my clip and put it on the other way. Looks like it would work fine as a cap light.

Thank you very much for that. By any chance, could you post a photograph of it attached to a baseball cap?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just so you know, the DQG Tiny 4 is apparently not a very well built light and has a poorly designed switch that is uncomfortable to use and is prone to failure. I would check out some reviews about it before you consider ordering one if I were you:thumbsup:.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Thank you very much for that. By any chance, could you post a photograph of it attached to a baseball cap?

The anodizing on this light is not as robust as other lights. The "strong" pocket clip has scarred/scratched the light when I reversed the clip to try it out to answer your post. I don't want to move it again; plus the last time I tried to upload a pic on this site, I had troubles - not super tech/computer saavy. :-(