San Jose / Bay Area GTG - Livermore area

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starting to think about a GTG for the Bay Area. Might have a place in Livermore where we can hold it but I am wondering if we should hold off until January 2018 due to how busy the holidays are.

Let me know if you are interested.

Take care,

HarryN

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick Update
- In late November, I rented a warehouse space in Livermore off of 1st street
- I use it for my business, and am hoping to also use it for the get together
- Some additional approvals required to keep the landlord etc sufficiently happy
- Still getting the place organized
- Hoping for a late February get together

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I at this point, I am targeting Saturday, March 03, 2018 for the GTG.

The plan is to have it at my shop in Livermore, CA off first street, very near the Kelley Moore paint store.

Over time, I have gotten interested in RV and Conversion vans, especially the electrical systems, so I might invite some conversion van fans as well.

We probably will start early - mid afternoon and then go into the evening. There is plenty of space for shining lights there and enough indoor space in case the weather is poor.

I will update this again in a few days with more details.

Anyone willing to bring some items for a potluck?

It is a family friendly environment.

If you are thinking about coming, please post here with an estimated number of people that might come with you so I can do some planning.

Thanks

Harry

Last edited:

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there guys I have a work appointment on Sat the 3rd so depending on the start time of the vent & how long that takes consider me a maybe for attendance. I will know for sure around 11-12 the day of the get together.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The van conversion related people will start arriving around 1 pm and as the sun sets, most likely will take off by 6 or 7.

I will be staying into the evening, probably until around 8, maybe 9 pm.

There are a lot of options for lighting target distances in the business park.

My ability to access a computer that day will be very limited. I will PM an adr to you now in case you can come.

Take care,

Harry

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there, I'm bummed I wasn't able to make it up there this time. Hopefully the next planned event will be on a weekend that's less personally hectic.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was nice having an open house - sort of celebrating opening the shop.

In many ways the business is an outgrowth of my flashlight hobby - really healthy battery packs. The smallest is 4 kW-hr so we can power an LED flashlight for a long time. :)

You are always welcome to stop by - just let me know because we don't always keep regular hours at the shop.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi - thanks for looking at the thread.

Yes, there will be more - not sure when. We had to move as we were sub leasing and the primary lease holder decided to move out on short notice.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I moved to Brentwood in the summer. Interested in a GTG. Ideally a place that is dark with distance. Indoors is limiting.

lots of open terrain near Vasco road just not sure about logistics of meeting up. I'm interested in long range illumination. Got some interesting things to show off. Particularly night vision and IR lasers pointers and Illuminators.

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened
I moved to Brentwood in the summer. Interested in a GTG. Ideally a place that is dark with distance. Indoors is limiting.

lots of open terrain near Vasco road just not sure about logistics of meeting up. I'm interested in long range illumination. Got some interesting things to show off. Particularly night vision and IR lasers pointers and Illuminators.

Nice!! I'd be interested in participating too. I live in Tracy.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi - Thinking about some kind of GTG in Feb or March 2023. Kind of depends on what covid / flu situation is.

A lot of people get sick over the holidays so don't want to add to the spread of whatever is going on then.

Anyway - mostly just saying hello to everyone.

Feel free to PM me. I will try to send everyone in this thread a note with my contact info in case that is helpful.