Imalent        
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718

Thread: Surefire EDCL1-T

Default Surefire EDCL1-T

About to place an order for some KP 16340s for this light

Along with some 18650s and 16650s for others

Hoping I get a discount code lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wicky998; 01-30-2020 at 11:42 PM.
    ..nothing changes nothing...

Default Re: Surefire EDCL1-T

I do like the KPs in this light. But man, the run time is short. I swap them for charged cells very often if I've used the light much to avoid getting stuck in the dark.

Flashaholic*

Just use unprotected IMR16340(I recommend Efest or Vapcell) and/or unprotected Sanyo UR16650ZTA(preferably charged to 4.35V) guys and swap out when you notice it drop out of regulation. You will get nice flat regulation with a slow gradual taper giving you plenty of useable light until for can swap cells or ever get close to the 2.5V end voltage of most cells.

Protected cells not only leave you in the dark when the output is cut abruptly when the low voltage protection on the mpcb cuts in but, the mpcb is also prone to sudden failure(especially when exposed to shock). Both of these scenarios can leave you in a world of trouble depending in your usage.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

I recall someone here naming the clicky tailcap that works on this body?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by wicky998 View Post
    I recall someone here naming the clicky tailcap that works on this body?

Thanks in advance
    EB1/2 ?

Sent from Tapatalk

^ Yes, correct G. It was mentioned by bykfixer at the EDCL2-T thread (page 24).

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    We don't do that around here B.

<snip...>

I converted my EDCL2-T to a single mode clicky (with an EB1c tailcap) where I take advantage of the lockout feature and use a twist motion to turn it on. The gas pedal went to an EB1c I bought for the pencil beam to peer into pipes and manholes.

Ahh perfect

Thanks guys

Has anyone else had issues running rechargeables in this? Iím wondering if I should try the foursevens 16340s.

Quote Originally Posted by J_C_S View Post
    Has anyone else had issues running rechargeables in this? Iím wondering if I should try the foursevens 16340s.
    I've been using rechargeables in this light for a couple of years now with great results. However some folks including you have recently reported faulty mode changes with some batteries. Perhaps there has been a new driver circuit installed. My early EDCL1-T, EDCL2-T and EB1-MV all seem to run great with unprotected IMR 16340's.

Thumb through the last ten pages or so of this long thread for some battery opinions.

For example:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5263820
    Last edited by Vox Clamatis in Deserto; 02-14-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Which option should I choose on these lifepo4 batteries? https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4...sed-0-135.aspx

I will give these a try and see if I have any luck.

I can attest to some strange mode change issues with some IMRs. Basically what happens is when I install a freshly charged battery, some times High mode doesn't seem to come on if the tail cap is fully depressed or twisted in fully. It kind of blinks and then goes back to low. But it goes away after twisting the cap in and out a few times or depressing and releasing the tail cap a bunch. Not sure how to explain it, but it only happens now and again when a battery is first installed.

This has never happened with the lifepo4 batteries. I have to say, I am happy with both types of rechargeable in this light. The only downside is the half hour run time on high. It never has come into play in my real world use, as I change the batteries often with this in mind.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by J_C_S View Post
    Which option should I choose on these lifepo4 batteries? https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4...sed-0-135.aspx

I will give these a try and see if I have any luck.
    Those cells are, for lack of a better term, Junk. If you are going to use 3.2v Lifepo4 batteries, I highly recommend K2 Energy k2 lfp123a cells. They are more expensive, but extremely high quality, and have a 600mah rating, which is completely legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by DayofReckoning View Post
    Those cells are, for lack of a better term, Junk. If you are going to use 3.2v Lifepo4 batteries, I highly recommend K2 Energy k2 lfp123a cells. They are more expensive, but extremely high quality, and have a 600mah rating, which is completely legitimate.

thanks for the warning. I went ahead and got the batteries straight from surefires website. Pretty expensive but with 2 I can change the batteries quite frequently and keep some spare lithium batteries around.

Flashaholic

No problem. I have a pair I've been running for around a month now, no issues and the performance is great. They are unquestionably the very best Lifepo4 in this size that money can buy.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718