Polarion Update - CSWL repair - replacement batteries

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
Polarion continues to have strong sales headed into 2018. All lights are still being supported although some PNs are obsolete or have limited repairability. See below for what can and cannot be done

PH40, PH50, PF40, PH50D, NP1, X1 and Abyss: bulbs, ballasts, batteries, tail caps, O-rings, cases, lenses, reflectors.

CSWL (aka Nightreaper): batteries, bulbs. We no longer carry the 24V cable, the IR filter or the cases. The ballast is no longer made and spare availability is limited. That said, users have had good lucks getting lights overhauled back in Korea.

Finally, a reminder that the new LiIon batteries are 5200 mAh and have a new charging circuitry that is more resistant to deep discharge. LiIon batteries cannot easily be shipped air anymore.

PM for free shipping coupon.

Parker VH

Enlightened
When did the batteries go to 5200mAh? Was that back in 2015?

Polarion continues to have strong sales headed into 2018. All lights are still being supported although some PNs are obsolete or have limited repairability. See below for what can and cannot be done

PH40, PH50, PF40, PH50D, NP1, X1 and Abyss: bulbs, ballasts, batteries, tail caps, O-rings, cases, lenses, reflectors.

CSWL (aka Nightreaper): batteries, bulbs. We no longer carry the 24V cable, the IR filter or the cases. The ballast is no longer made and spare availability is limited. That said, users have had good lucks getting lights overhauled back in Korea.

Finally, a reminder that the new LiIon batteries are 5200 mAh and have a new charging circuitry that is more resistant to deep discharge. LiIon batteries cannot easily be shipped air anymore.

PM for free shipping coupon.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
When Polarian gonna come out with a small HID that Law Enforcement can utilize. I see u have search lights but their too dam big and heavy.

kj2

Flashaholic
Is this why shipping a battery to Europe costs 130 dollars?

I'm starting to get desperate to get my PH40 back up and running. It kinda sucks to have a €1000 paperweight.
Shipping li-ion is costly with those new airline rules. Where are you located in Europe? Maybe a dealer here can help you..

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
Li-Ion batteries when shipped by themselves are Haz-Mat. A special filing is required hence the difficulty of shipping air. That said, a 2lb shipment to Europe from Korea with VAT will work out to about $100-$130.

kj2

Flashaholic
Thanks, they have a UK store front as well so I ordered there in order to understand the emails and forms. :crazy:
Yeah, Dutch is a tricky language :p
Saw that they have the battery in stock now. Few weeks back, they only had the PH40, PH50 and car charger.

jellydonut

Enlightened
In the UK storefront, it was hiding elsewhere, they did not put it under the Polarion category for some reason.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Update: battery received, and I'm real happy to have my PH40 back up and running.

I'd like to take a stab at repairing the old pack so I have a spare, has anyone tried repairing one of these?

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
2020 Update - The P-type and X-type batteries from Polarion are now 5700 mAh. Compatible with all Polarion HID lights.